Microsoft Works 8
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Why sink hundreds of dollars into an office software suite with scores of features you'll never use?
Microsoft's, $99.95 Works 8 gives you all the word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling features you're likely to need, without the triple-digit price of its bigger sibling, Microsoft Office. You can even open and save files in Word's DOC, or Excel's XLS formats, along with other popular Office file types, as well as the standard Works file formats. A PowerPoint Viewer is included also.
We tested a shipping version of the package, and found the updated word processor more than adequate for most writing tasks. It also includes a new dictionary that can look up definitions while you write, as well as a thesaurus - both with parental controls.
Other noteworthy features: shareable calendars that you can post to the free iCalShare Web site, and automatic file backups that save your open documents every 10 minutes.
Microsoft has also released its $199.95 Microsoft Works Suite 2005 featuring Word 2002, Encarta 2005 Standard, Money Standard, Works 8 and Photo Premium 10.
In a world of never-ending up-sell, it's nice to know that you can still get top-tier productivity software without spending a lot of money.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Account ManagerACT
- CCLead Delivery Developer - Datapower and WPS DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTContract Obligations Manager - Telco - 2 year Max Term - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- CCProject Manager - Power BI, Mobility & IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer, Full Stack, Sydney CBD, Java, .NET, Angular, Web APINSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTServer EngineerSA
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTMarketing Analyst - $60 phOther
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- TPSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- FTITIL Problem Manager - Team LeadACT
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW