Gaming laptops are traditionally full of compromises.
Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection
It may not be Gears of War 3, but Epic's Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection offers up more than enough bang for any Lancer-toting fan's buck.
- Gorgeous new multiplayer maps, plenty of content for the price.
- Deleted scene is too short and doesn't offer much new material.
Overall, the All Fronts Collection is well researched and worth your time and money. The deleted scene isn't anything to write home about, but seeing Marcus creep around in Locust gear definitely brings the experience full circle. With 19 multiplayer maps, GoW2 just got that much better online. Beware: You'll be craving Gears of War 3 more than ever, but this should tide you over for a bit. Now if they could just fix the glitching and lag we've dealt with for so long...
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
The new multiplayer maps, part of the Dark Corners package, throw all different scenarios your way - making it beneficial to be versatile with every weapon on various terrain. Teamwork is more vital than ever, too.
Allfather's Garden sets you in a landmark filled with unique symbols, memorials and calm water fountains from the founders of the COG organization. Power weapons lace the maze of trails the locusts are desperately attempting to conquer.
Highway is filled with hand-crafted stone lit up by flicking torches. Locust skin blends right into the walls and the vibration of fast-moving vehicles from the highway makes every second more intimidating. Getting to higher ground and staying hidden could be your best bet.
Memorial introduces you to the Tomb of Unknowns, honoring the soldiers who fought the Locust horde for freedom. The map revolves around the Boomshot -- obtain it first and run amuck ... or else.
Nowhere, a former motel area in an unforgiving desert is based around the high-rise platform in the middle of the map and comes equipped with a deadly mulcher. Teams will strategise to take over this tower. Sniper rifles up your chances of picking off enemies' heads while approaching from their spawn points. It's a small map with blowing sand that makes visibility quite limited at times.
Sanctuary has been destroyed by the Locust wrath. Formerly a peaceful area for reflection, the map is filled with dead plants, shattered rock and mangled tombstones. Winding paths and towers for taking cover will help flanking opportunities.
War Machine is a Gears of War original map revolving around the turret that sits atop the action. The map is darker and much eerier now as the moon peers in from outside. It will forever be a classic.
Way Station looks like an expansion of the Ruins map with similar walls and lighting. Platforms. The map's leveling is unique and fun, providing coves to hide in as well. Keep your head on a swivel or the closest you'll get to the action is with your ghost cam.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Latest News Articles
- WoW Classic is coming much sooner than you’d think
- Lionsgate, Good Shepherd and Mike Bithell team up on John Wick Hex
- Intel don’t expect Google Stadia will affect core PC gamers
- Melbourne ORDER end Drop Bears' dynasty in Overwatch Contenders final
- IEM Sydney 2019: Keeping score with Intel’s Lee Machen
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?