Midway Blitz: The League II
An interesting alternative to the realism heavy action of Madden.
- If you like over the top football action then Blitz II has it in spades
- Uneven AI won't help it gain any yards on Madden
Over the top and crazy, Blitz II is an interesting take on the sport of football, but with some glaring missteps, it fumbles on its way to the end zone.
Blitz: The League II reminds me of this season's Chicago Bears: it has a couple of key pieces and a game-plan in place but there are some obvious holes that keep it from rising to the top of the ranks. However, it is an interesting alternative to the realism heavy action of Madden.
Blitz II focus on down and dirty football where you literally wrestle opposing players to the ground and stomp their skulls after the whistle's blown. You get a suite of power moves like stiff-arms, dive tackles and spin-o-rama's, and there's a meter that you can build up to pull off highlight reel worthy plays. You can wear down your opponents' stamina to affect their performance and players get injuries which are highlighted using wince-inducing animations.
The game also features a fairly compelling campaign mode that puts you into the cleats of a hot shot rookie. You "roll" his stats using a clever press conference gimmick where you answer questions about your abilities then take a team of scrubs through the ranks of the fictional League while battling opposing teams and a crooked commissioner.
It's A Fumble
But Blitz II's game-plan starts to fall apart thanks to a couple of nagging issues. The AI is rather uneven, meaning you either beat the crap out of brain-dead opponents or get your head kicked in by a team of supermen. There are also a couple of homerun plays that you can use to exploit defences for ridiculous amounts of yardage and the actual football aspect of the game is shallow.
I will admit, though, that Blitz II is entertaining in short bursts and that some of its features are interesting, even if the AI and shallow gameplay experience leaves something to be desired. However, it is a nice change of pace from Madden, so I recommend it to anyone who wants to toss the pigskin around without getting a lesson in football fundamentals.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTTransformation SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCReporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTWireless Solution Architect - 6mth ContractOther
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD