Mindscape 3D Home Architect Home Decor & Design
- Many elements from wide range of manufacturers, Many customisations.
- Fiddly interface, graphical glitches, item placement problems.
If you are looking for a program to help you design your new home, this program does a fairly reasonable job.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
3D Home Architect Home Decor and Design bears a striking resembelence to the two Home Architect products we have reviewed. The software has thousands of household items to choose from, manufacturer brands, animations and movie creation tools, a handy project estimator that keeps your eye on costs, as well as many customisable furnishings and fabrics to choose from.
The user interface is the same as the other packages from 3D Home Architect and it's just as fiddly as ever, but if have the time and you are willing to learn then the experience can be fairly rewarding.
A good feature across all three packages is the multiple cameras, which can be used to explore your development from a variety of different angles.
We recommend you get this product over Landscape and Patio Design or Kitchen and Bath Design as, when you buy this product it comes with the other two for free. For the same price of $49.95 you get all three products!
The house builder wizard isn't too bad either. You specify your basic needs such as one or two floors, a garage, what style you want the house built - contemporary or country etc. Once built, you can modify the features, add extensions, put in rooms, furniture, a bathroom, kitchen - the works.
However, it isn't without its flaws. While it is relatively easy to place furniture and add walls, fine tuning it will take a while. For example, when we placed the phone on the coffee table it appeared to hover a few feet in the air. A puzzling glitch wouldn't let us put a TV on the TV stand. Also, you need to be careful when placing walls near doors as accidentally deleting a door is painfully common. We tried putting in a spiral staircase from the basement and of course, it wasn't high enough to reach the wall. There was no obvious way to extend the staircase to fit.
The same positives and negatives we mentioned in Landscape & patio and Kitchen & Bath Design exist in this package. We recommend you read all three reviews and then decide which to buy based on your needs.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCERP Technical AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCNetwork Area Planner x multiple opportunitiesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Warehouse Project Manager - Start June 18QLD
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- TPHR Process AnalystVIC
- TPDBA/Data Migration AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- TPProject Support Officer - Mulitple RolesQLD
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- FTTechnical LeadQLD
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTSalesforce CRM Scrum Product OwnerOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Multiple rolesOther