Modtech CIVIC Panaromic
- Good performance, strong battery life, good multimedia features
- Nothing notable
This is a value-priced power notebook that's well geared towards multimedia use.
Price$ 2,299.00 (AUD)
This is an interesting model from ModTech--a power notebook with a value price.
The design is slimline and smooth. The chassis is dark grey with silver trim. Those interested in video editing, multimedia production or even playing games would appreciate the vibrant 15.4" display (with maximum resolution of 1280 x 800) and powerful 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics processor. This, in combination with the Pentium M 745 processor and 1GB of RAM, helped the notebook achieve a 3DMark 2001 score of 10,576--an excellent score for a sub-$2500 notebook. It also achieved a PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark score of 87. Battery life was quite strong too, with our tests indicating you can expect 75 minutes of battery life in a worst-case-scenario.
Multimedia buffs will also appreciate the sizable 80GB hard disk, fixed DVD-writer, four-in-one media card reader (great for use with digital cameras), S-Video TV-out, S/PDIF audio-out, three USB and single FireWire ports and the InterVideo InstantON feature allowing for quick-boot access to CD and DVD playback.
The CIVIC's keyboard is a good size and there's a scroll mechanism on the trackpad--two factors that go a long way to making this notebook quite usable during long sessions at work or play.
Being a Centrino notebook, this model also features 802.11b wireless networking (with on/off switch) plus a 56Kbps modem and Ethernet port.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCData Migration Analyst / DBAQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTSecurity Clearances OfficerACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTPresales Project ManagerOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager -AgileWA
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- CCCC&B Consultant - Energy and Gas DomainVIC
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- CCAndroid Developer - SeniorVIC
- TPIT Portfolio CoordinatorQLD
- CCLinux DevOps Engineer - Cloud platformVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther