Modtech CIVIC Panaromic
- Good performance, strong battery life, good multimedia features
- Nothing notable
This is a value-priced power notebook that's well geared towards multimedia use.
Price$ 2,299.00 (AUD)
This is an interesting model from ModTech--a power notebook with a value price.
The design is slimline and smooth. The chassis is dark grey with silver trim. Those interested in video editing, multimedia production or even playing games would appreciate the vibrant 15.4" display (with maximum resolution of 1280 x 800) and powerful 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics processor. This, in combination with the Pentium M 745 processor and 1GB of RAM, helped the notebook achieve a 3DMark 2001 score of 10,576--an excellent score for a sub-$2500 notebook. It also achieved a PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark score of 87. Battery life was quite strong too, with our tests indicating you can expect 75 minutes of battery life in a worst-case-scenario.
Multimedia buffs will also appreciate the sizable 80GB hard disk, fixed DVD-writer, four-in-one media card reader (great for use with digital cameras), S-Video TV-out, S/PDIF audio-out, three USB and single FireWire ports and the InterVideo InstantON feature allowing for quick-boot access to CD and DVD playback.
The CIVIC's keyboard is a good size and there's a scroll mechanism on the trackpad--two factors that go a long way to making this notebook quite usable during long sessions at work or play.
Being a Centrino notebook, this model also features 802.11b wireless networking (with on/off switch) plus a 56Kbps modem and Ethernet port.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTHead of Business Operations - SaaS Product CompanyNSW
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPOragnisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplications PackagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- FTPortfolio Performance LeadOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW