Monster Cable Beats by Dr Dre Tour in-ear headphones
The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones offer decent sound quality, but there are better in-ear headphones available for similar prices
- Stylish design, relatively comfortable, flat cable doesn't get tangled as easily as standard headphone cables, good bass, crisp and detailed sound
- "Tangle-free" cable isn't completely tangle-free, microphonics evident when cable is touched, average noise isolation, overpowering mid-range, no microphone for mobile phone use
Monster Cable's Beats by Dr Dre Tour in-ear headphones have a stylish design and reasonable sound quality. Their noise isolation isn't the best and the advertised tangle-free cable isn’t completely tangle-free. If image is important to you then these headphones are a decent option, but there are better-sounding alternatives for the same price.
Price$ 229.00 (AUD)
Claiming to deliver "incredibly accurate" music reproduction, Monster Cable's Beats by Dr Dre Tour are in-ear headphones with a striking design. The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones offer decent sound quality, but there are better in-ear phones available for similar prices.
A key feature of the Beats by Dr Dre Tour is the "tangle-free cable". This cable has a flat design that seems very flexible. Unfortunately, although the cable doesn't get tangled as easily or as often as the cords on most headphones, it isn't completely immune to tangles. The cable also annoyingly creates microphonics (vibrations that you can hear in the earphones) when touched.
The Beats by Dr Dre Tour in-ear headphones look pretty stylish. We liked the red cord and the glossy black and chrome ear tips. Monster includes five pairs of different sized silicone tips in the sales package. It was relatively easy to find a pair that was comfortable, even for long listening sessions. The headphones seem well constructed, though we weren’t able to test the longevity of the headphone jack connection; a part that often fails on in-ear headphones due to general wear and tear.
The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones don’t do a great job of noise isolation. If you're listening to music on a crowded train or in a chatty office, you will generally need to turn up the volume to block out most background noise.
The headphones produce capable but not outstanding sound quality. Bass is the strongest and most accurate audio element, thumping without overpowering other frequency ranges. Like the cheaper Lady Gaga headphones from Monster Cable, mid-range is a little overpowering, resulting in a warm sound. The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones have supposedly been designed for R 'n' B, hip-hop and similar music genres . The high-end is particularly crisp and detailed.
The Beats by Dr Dre Tour in-ear headphones don't come with an in-line microphone or controls, so you can't use them to handle phone calls in conjunction with your iPhone, for example.
Monster includes a small zip-up case in the sales package, which is handy for storage when travelling.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- PTDigital PublisherNSW
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystOther
- CCOracle Fusion Middleware AdminNSW
- FTAccount Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTNetezza DeveloperQLD
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE)QLD
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- TPProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Regulatory ResponseNSW
- TPEnterprise Architect | Services | QLD Health | $1173/dayQLD
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTSecurity Clearances OfficerACT