Mophie Juice Pack Air iPhone case
A rechargeable battery case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
- Battery and protective case in one, provides an extra 4.5 hours talk time, LED status indicator, can charge and sync through iTunes
- Chunky and adds considerable bulk to the iPhone, doesn't protect the top of the iPhone's chrome edging, top half feels a little flimsy and hard to remove, expensive
The Mophie Juice Pack Air is a great option for squeezing some extra battery life out of the iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, but it adds considerable bulk to the handset.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The main drawcard of the Mophie Juice Pack Air is the fact that it offers the convenience of extended battery life for your mobile phone and the protection of a hard case in one device. A built-in power switch allows you to turn the battery on and off, so you can use the Juice Pack Air as a regular case and simply flick the switch when your iPhone requires a recharge.
Mophie claims the Juice Pack Air is the world's thinnest device of its type. Although that’s a feat in itself, the Juice Pack Air is still rather chunky and adds considerable bulk to your iPhone. We love the convenience that this accessory offers, but many users will be turned away due to the bulk and weight that the Juice Pack Air adds to the normally sleek and stylish iPhone. We like the rounded edges, though, and the glossy smooth finish feels very nice. It attracts plenty of fingerprints, just like the iPhone itself.
The Mophie Juice Pack air protects most of the iPhone's body, particularly the bottom of the phone. However, it leaves the top of the chrome edging exposed, so if the phone falls flat on its front the edge may be scratched or chipped. The top of the Juice Pack Air also feels a little flimsy when it's removed. It fits the phone quite tightly.
The battery in the Mophie Juice Pack Air is rated at 1200mAh, and according to Mophie provides an extra 4.5 hours of talk time and up to 270 hours standby time for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Using an iPhone 3GS, we switched on the Mophie Juice Pack air battery when our iPhone battery reached 10 per cent, and it charged our 32GB iPhone 3GS to 70 per cent capacity before it was fully drained. Alternatively, you can leave the Juice Pack Air switched on even when your iPhone is fully charged; its battery will completely drain before the iPhone's battery is hit.
LED status indicator lights on the back of the Mophie Juice Pack Air allow you to quickly check how much battery is left by pressing a small button. The LEDs also indicate the charging status when the Juice Pack Air is switched on, and the recharging progress when the case is plugged in.
The Mophie Juice Pack Air uses a standard micro-USB connection for recharging. Conveniently, you can charge and synchronise your iPhone with iTunes without removing it from the case. Mophie includes a standard micro-USB cable in the sales package and the case is available in black, white and purple.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCCloud Engineer - based in BrisbaneVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCCognos/Datastage DeveloperQLD
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT