Mophie Juice Pack Air iPhone case
A rechargeable battery case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS
- Battery and protective case in one, provides an extra 4.5 hours talk time, LED status indicator, can charge and sync through iTunes
- Chunky and adds considerable bulk to the iPhone, doesn't protect the top of the iPhone's chrome edging, top half feels a little flimsy and hard to remove, expensive
The Mophie Juice Pack Air is a great option for squeezing some extra battery life out of the iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS, but it adds considerable bulk to the handset.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
The main drawcard of the Mophie Juice Pack Air is the fact that it offers the convenience of extended battery life for your mobile phone and the protection of a hard case in one device. A built-in power switch allows you to turn the battery on and off, so you can use the Juice Pack Air as a regular case and simply flick the switch when your iPhone requires a recharge.
Mophie claims the Juice Pack Air is the world's thinnest device of its type. Although that’s a feat in itself, the Juice Pack Air is still rather chunky and adds considerable bulk to your iPhone. We love the convenience that this accessory offers, but many users will be turned away due to the bulk and weight that the Juice Pack Air adds to the normally sleek and stylish iPhone. We like the rounded edges, though, and the glossy smooth finish feels very nice. It attracts plenty of fingerprints, just like the iPhone itself.
The Mophie Juice Pack air protects most of the iPhone's body, particularly the bottom of the phone. However, it leaves the top of the chrome edging exposed, so if the phone falls flat on its front the edge may be scratched or chipped. The top of the Juice Pack Air also feels a little flimsy when it's removed. It fits the phone quite tightly.
The battery in the Mophie Juice Pack Air is rated at 1200mAh, and according to Mophie provides an extra 4.5 hours of talk time and up to 270 hours standby time for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Using an iPhone 3GS, we switched on the Mophie Juice Pack air battery when our iPhone battery reached 10 per cent, and it charged our 32GB iPhone 3GS to 70 per cent capacity before it was fully drained. Alternatively, you can leave the Juice Pack Air switched on even when your iPhone is fully charged; its battery will completely drain before the iPhone's battery is hit.
LED status indicator lights on the back of the Mophie Juice Pack Air allow you to quickly check how much battery is left by pressing a small button. The LEDs also indicate the charging status when the Juice Pack Air is switched on, and the recharging progress when the case is plugged in.
The Mophie Juice Pack Air uses a standard micro-USB connection for recharging. Conveniently, you can charge and synchronise your iPhone with iTunes without removing it from the case. Mophie includes a standard micro-USB cable in the sales package and the case is available in black, white and purple.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- Acer's Chromebook Spin 11 brings a stylus, 360-degree hinge, and USB-C for an affordable $349
- Intel tells customers to stop rolling out faulty patches
- Why parents should worry about Office 365's Immersive Reader dictation feature for students
- Humble Monthly is selling Civilization VI for 80% off
- The Full Nerd episode 39: Meltdown, Spectre, and astronomical graphics card prices
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager | 12mth ContractOther
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- FTMid / Senior Level Functional Banking ConsultantsOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Aruba/PaloAltoWA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTelecom Engineer - Network VoiceOther
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- FTService Desk OfficerSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCJava Developers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- FTSalesforce Consultant - SMEVIC
- TPPHP and PL/SQL SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - not for profit organisationQLD
- TPData AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTUX Design LeadOther
- FTSenior AEM ConsultantACT