Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone (preview)
Motorola CLIQ 2 preview: The CLIQ 2 boasts a 3.7in display, a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard and runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo"
- 1GHz processor, 3.7in display, slide-out keyboard
- Australian availability is yet to be confirmed
Motorola's CLIQ 2 is a successor to the budget DEXT smartphone. This Android phone boasts a 3.7in display and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard; it runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo".
Motorola's original CLIQ smartphone (called the DEXT in Australia) was a budget Android smartphone that was heavily focussed on social networking. The Motorola CLIQ 2 is its successor, but it is targeted at a higher end of the market thanks to a 1GHz processor, a 3.7in display and an all-new design.
Read our reviews of other top Motorola smartphones.
The Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone has a different design to its predecessor, with a chrome bezel and a unique honeycomb-style keyboard design. Despite the different look and feel, Motorola claims the CLIQ 2's keyboard is easy to type on, so it should offer a similar feel to the original CLIQ.
Like most of Motorola's Android phones, the CLIQ 2 will come with the latest version of Motorola's MotoBlur service, a widget-based interface that combines multiple social networking and communications accounts. Users will need to create a MotoBlur account to use the service, but it's free and all content and data is pushed live to the handset. Motoblur also provides excellent security features including the ability to automatically wipe the handset when it is lost or stolen, and the automatic back up of content over-the-air, similar to both the Motorola Milestone 2 and the waterproof Motorola Defy.
Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the CLIQ 2 Android smartphone is its relatively powerful specifications; it has a 1GHz processor, runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo", a 5-megapixel camera with flash, and 1GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot. The original CLIQ suffered from lag due to its modest specifications, so we expect much better performance this time round from the CLIQ 2.
Motorola hasn't officially confirmed the availability of the CLIQ 2 in Australia, but we expect it to launch as the DEXT 2 in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 2 HP Spectre x360 16 review: The right 2-in-1 at the wrong time
- 3 GeForce Now review: You bring the games, Nvidia streams the hardware
- 4 Asus ProArt PA279CV monitor review: The go-to for content creators on a budget
- 5 Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022) review: The pinnacle of design
Latest News Articles
- Bizarre iOS bug swaps out Spotify for Apple Music in the iPhone dock
- Fortnite returns to the iPhone (sort of) courtesy Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Want to go watch the WWDC keynote at Apple Park? Here’s how to apply
- iPad buying guide 2022
- Apple to support ‘passwordless’ iPhone logins on Android phones and PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- 25 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Mesh Wi-Fi vs Traditional Routers: Which is better?
- Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?