"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone (preview)
Motorola CLIQ 2 preview: The CLIQ 2 boasts a 3.7in display, a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard and runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo"
- 1GHz processor, 3.7in display, slide-out keyboard
- Australian availability is yet to be confirmed
Motorola's CLIQ 2 is a successor to the budget DEXT smartphone. This Android phone boasts a 3.7in display and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard; it runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo".
Motorola's original CLIQ smartphone (called the DEXT in Australia) was a budget Android smartphone that was heavily focussed on social networking. The Motorola CLIQ 2 is its successor, but it is targeted at a higher end of the market thanks to a 1GHz processor, a 3.7in display and an all-new design.
Read our reviews of other top Motorola smartphones.
The Motorola CLIQ 2 Android smartphone has a different design to its predecessor, with a chrome bezel and a unique honeycomb-style keyboard design. Despite the different look and feel, Motorola claims the CLIQ 2's keyboard is easy to type on, so it should offer a similar feel to the original CLIQ.
Like most of Motorola's Android phones, the CLIQ 2 will come with the latest version of Motorola's MotoBlur service, a widget-based interface that combines multiple social networking and communications accounts. Users will need to create a MotoBlur account to use the service, but it's free and all content and data is pushed live to the handset. Motoblur also provides excellent security features including the ability to automatically wipe the handset when it is lost or stolen, and the automatic back up of content over-the-air, similar to both the Motorola Milestone 2 and the waterproof Motorola Defy.
Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the CLIQ 2 Android smartphone is its relatively powerful specifications; it has a 1GHz processor, runs Android 2.2 or "Froyo", a 5-megapixel camera with flash, and 1GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot. The original CLIQ suffered from lag due to its modest specifications, so we expect much better performance this time round from the CLIQ 2.
Motorola hasn't officially confirmed the availability of the CLIQ 2 in Australia, but we expect it to launch as the DEXT 2 in the coming months.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Ericsson, Telstra and Intel achieve first 5G commercial network data call
- Boost Mobile wins 2018 Canstar Blue Customer Satisfaction Award
- Sony Xperia XZ2 now available through Telstra
- Airplay 2 available on Sonos
- Dirac partner with Oppo on Find X audio
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?