- Flip out microphone, Multipoint technology, compact and stylish design, excellent audio quality
- Automatic volume control is sometimes erratic
The H710 is a compact and stylish handset boasting an intuitive, flip-out microphone and Multipoint technology.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Motorola's latest top of the line Bluetooth headset boasts the ability to pair to multiple devices at the same time. Its intuitive flip design also makes it easy to perform common functions while also maximising battery life.
The H710 is an upgrade to the previous H700 unit. It features a similar design to its predecessor, once again utilising a convenient flip out microphone and a stylish black and chrome colour scheme. In addition to answering calls, the flip out microphone also acts as a power switch – flip the microphone out and the unit switches on, close it and the unit powers off. Once you've paired your mobile phone for the first time, the H710 automatically remembers it and attempts to pair as soon as the microphone is flipped open.
A detachable ear hook can be adjusted to wear on both the left and right ears. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the H710 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug. Instead it rests just outside your ear with audio provided by a small speaker. Performance is excellent – incoming audio is loud and clear, even in noisy environments, while our callers were full of praise for outgoing audio and often found it difficult to tell that we were using a wireless headset. Despite its excellent audio performance, we felt the automatic volume control could have been improved as it was sometimes softer than we'd have liked when calling in a loud environment.
Operation is straightforward and simple. Pressing the call button answers, rejects, transfers and ends a call depending on whether you tap, press or hold the key. As an example, rejecting an incoming call requires the call button to be pressed and held until a beep is sounded.
Pairing is also effortless and Multipoint technology allows the H710 to connect to two compatible Bluetooth devices at the same time. This is especially ideal for business users who may carry two phones at any one time, such as their business handset and personal handset. You obviously can't talk on both phones at the same time – the idle phone is momentarily disconnected from the H710 when a call is answered. It's still a nifty feature though and negates the need to purchase two headsets if you carry multiple phones.
Pairing with a second phone or device for the first time requires the first phone paired to be switched off, but from there it's a simple matter of connecting as you normally would. Once paired, the H710 will automatically recognise and connect with both phones.
The H710 uses a multi-coloured indicator light that surrounds the call button. The light flashes blue when paired with a device, is steadily lit blue when in pairing mode, and flashes red when the battery is low. There are also a number of audio indicators, such as a dual-tone for pairing confirmation and an ascending tone to indicate that the handset has been placed in mute mode.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Alcatel To Pre-Load Family Zone Service On All Their Australian Devices
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- CCOffice Administrator - TelcoVIC
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- FTBusiness Connection Manager (Telco/Operations)Other
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTHealthcare TesterVIC
- FTChange and Communication LeadersOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTData Migration DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTData AnalyticsSA
- FTBusiness AnalystWA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCOracle E-Business Suite DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - Onsite - UrgentOther