- Nice design, Slide out microphone, Good audio quality, Easy to use
- Uncomfortable ear clips, Some small problems in loud areas
Overall, the Motorola H800 is a strong product. While the ear clips won't be comfortable for everyone, it does offer great sound quality and mixes it with an attractive design and intuitive interface.
Price$ 179.95 (AUD)
Sporting a slim, chic design and a funky pop-out microphone, Motorola's latest flagship hands-free headset, the H800, is a solid product. It offers good quality audio, a small design and easy operation. The only downside is a slightly uncomfortable ear clip.
As with most Bluetooth hands-free kits, audio quality is paramount and in this area the H800 held up well. It offers sharp, clear sound on both incoming and outgoing channels and after a little volume adjustment we could hear things clearly.
Rather than utilising a traditional in-ear piece, the H800 instead rests just outside the ear and projects sound using a speaker, which is relatively effective, however we did notice this made it a little more susceptible to external noise. Most hands-free kits suffer a little in noisy environments, so this was no surprise. However, it's an issue worth noting if you're often in areas of loud ambient sound, as the design of the H800 may suffer a little more than other units.
Volume can be adjusted using the two buttons on the top and bottom of the unit and these can be re-orientated if you change to the opposite ear. They can also be used to reject a call, by tapping when you hear the ring tone. All the other functions, such as accepting and ending calls, are handled by the single large selection button that adorns the face of the unit. The system is efficient and intuitive and should prove easy for most people to pick up.
Pairing to a phone is an extremely easy process. Simply turning the unit on puts it in pairing mode and our phone found the H800 without a problem. The small LED ring around the Motorola logo indicates what status the hands-free is in. A red ring indicates that pairing is in process, while a blue ring shows everything is connected. The whole process takes about 30 seconds and is exactly as we've come to expect from such devices.
Aesthetics is another area where the H800 shines. With a slick black colour scheme and an almost space-age microphone that extends outwards from the unit at the touch of a button, it looks great and won't embarrass you in crowded public places. It comes with a variety of ear clips that cater to a range of different shapes. We found some fitted better than others, but they were all a little less comfortable than we'd like. They are constructed of soft rubber, which is fine for short phone sessions, but we found it dug-in if left on for a little while. This was our only complaints with the H800, and may not bother everyone, depending on how the clips fit your ears.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- FTCloud Test Engineer - AWS/Azure - IaaSOther
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTSystem Specialist - Operational Technology SystemsOther
- FTPractice Director Quality AssuranceSA
- CC.Net / AngularJS DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTFacilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTelecommunications RiggerOther
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCIntegration AnalystACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC