Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Motorola MOTOROKR T505
- Built-in FM transmitter allows music and call streaming through car stereo, StationFinder, incoming caller ID announcements
- Outgoing voice sometimes lacks quality
The MOTOROKR T505 certainly adds a twist to the normally standard line of handsfree speakerphones. The built-in FM transmitter and StationFinder feature makes it an outstanding choice, even if outgoing audio could be slightly improved.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Motorola's latest portable handsfree speakerphone offers a couple of enticing features. In addition to regular handsfree calling, the MOTOROKR T505 can stream music and calls to a car stereo via a built-in FM transmitter and also announces caller ID information for incoming calls.
Aesthetically, the T505 is chunky but quite stylish. A plain grey plastic finish means it will blend nicely into most modern cars. A large, removable clip easily attaches to the sun visor in your car. Like most of these units, it can be just as easily used outside the car – the clip sits neatly on a desk or table for home or office use.
Pairing the T505 to your Bluetooth compatible phone is as easy as switching the unit on and searching for nearby Bluetooth devices using your handset. Once connected, the T505 will remember your handset each time you power it on. Operation is simple – the call button answers and ends calls and the music button plays and pauses any streaming music, while two buttons on either side handle volume.
The most enticing feature of the T505 is its built-in FM transmitter. Even more convenient is a feature Motorola has dubbed StationFinder. Pressing the FM button on the rear of the T505 finds and announces the clearest FM station. Depending on what area you are in, this will constantly change. If your current station is dropping out or sounding distorted, simply press the button and tune to the station announced for clearer listening. We found this worked quite well and it is hugely convenient not to have to search for a clear FM station.
If your mobile phone supports A2DP Bluetooth streaming, the T505 can stream your music wirelessly to your car's FM stereo. You can control the music on your phone using the play/pause button on the front and the volume buttons on the side – the latter skips through tracks. The T505 can also stream both incoming and outgoing phone calls through your car stereo. This is hugely convenient as car speakers are usually much louder than the single speaker found on most handsfree speakerphones. For incoming calls, a female voice announces caller ID information if your phone supports this. If there is no caller ID, the voice will say the incoming phone number.
Quality of voice is passable, but not outstanding. Incoming voice is loud and clear for the most part, but our callers did note a lack of volume and clarity for outgoing voice. Like almost all of these units, you'll have to close your car windows in order to create the quietest environment possible. Do note that in terms of FM transmission for both music and calls, quality depends on the quality of your car stereo.
Motorola packages the T505 with an in-car charger, but no AC charger. The unit is rated at up to 18 hours talk-time and 14 days standby time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Latest News Articles
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
- ZTE's Android days may soon be over
- Google phases out first-gen Pixel smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Program ManagerOther
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTDigital Business AnalystOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTSDWAN ConsultantOther
- FTTester (Dynamics AX)Other
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTRIM - System Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- FTDatabase AdministratorOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCOracle E-Business Suite DeveloperQLD
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Technical WriterOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther