Motorola PC850 Bluetooth USB Adapter
- Small, easy to use, fairly cheap
- Nothing to speak of
For anyone who wants a simple Bluetooth adapter, you can’t go far wrong with the PC850
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
There has been a glut of USB based adapters of late; it seems there isn't anything that can't be driven by that little slot. Wireless expandability is one of the favourites, and so Motorola have launched the PC850 USB Bluetooth Adapter in their new range of mobile gadgets.
The PC850 is a simple little device. For a start it's tiny, less than 5cm long. To use the adapter, simply plug it in to an available USB slot and install the drivers from the included CD. That's it; you now have Bluetooth capability on your computer. The PC850 can then connect to any Bluetooth devices in range. Such devices could be a Bluetooth enabled phone, letting you stream music or transfer files, a wireless headset or a wireless gateway. Connecting to these devices is easy. Simply turn on your phone or headset, use Windows to search for Bluetooth devices and click connect. It couldn't be easier. For continued simplicity, Motorola has a series of compatible Bluetooth devices which work seamlessly with the PC850. This includes their HT820 wireless headphones and a wireless stereo gateway, the DC800.
It's hard to pick any faults with the PC850. Though its range is stated at 100m, we didn't manage to achieve anywhere near that in testing, but it was still more than good enough for use at home or in the office. The price tag is reasonable and we found the PC850 to be reliable. If you need a USB Bluetooth adapter, this is it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCPSRM Java DeveloperNSW
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTData Center EngineerOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTChange and Business Deployment Specialist - $800 per dayOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Desktop AdministratorNSW
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW