Mr Gadget Online Photo Printing
- A lot of options, Competitive pricing
- Advertising on interface
A cheap, robust photo printing service that will be perfect for those just after plain photographs.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Mr Gadget's photo printing service offers a well rounded package. They provide a great variety of print sizes with competitive prices and a respectable interface.
Their prices, whilst not being as low as Harvey Norman overall, are extremely competitive. Regular prints sport a rock bottom $0.29 price tag, and the slightly larger sizes range from $2.00 through to $36.50. You definitely won't be disappointed with the cost.
The number of options present is equally impressive. Prints can be done all the way up to 20x24 inch, but that's not the best part. Mr Gadget offers a huge variety of paper choices, including glossy, matt, premium lustre, canvas and art paper. With such a range of options, the scope for customisation is huge. None of the other photo printing services will allow you to do giant, 20x24 inch canvas prints of those hilarious embarrassing moments and pin them up all over work.
Mr Gadget utilises a downloadable interface that is serviceable, if not spectacular. It has an advertisement for their products in the bottom left corner, which we particularly disliked, but everything was fairly fast, functional and intuitive. There are some minimal image cropping options, and it remembers your details from previous purchases.
Postage costs $2.49 via Australia post and will typically take about a week.
The image quality of this service fell somewhere in between AGFA and Kodak; prints looked good but not exceptional. We felt they turned out a little dull, lacking the same sort of life and richness of colour present in some of the competitors. They still look fine, and for most people they will be perfectly acceptable, but the difference is visible when they are lined up with the other prints.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTAccount Manager (Healthcare & Aged Care)Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, CX Journey Improvement, TelcoNSW
- FTPrint Sales Manager - Geelong basedOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTCore Lead ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)Other
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCIT Security ArchitectNSW