Modern workplaces come in a variety of shapes and sizes including the traditional cubicle, the open-plan office, and even the family home.
MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
Back in black (and red)
- Solid performance
- Cooling solution works wonders
- Display looks great, minimal tearing
- Screen-size hurts portability
- Touchpad sometimes unresponsive
- Battery life as short as you expect
The GE73 VR Raider doesn’t really break away from the usual MSI formula but when the results are as good as they are, it’s hard to complain.
Price$ 3,699.00 (AUD)
MSI are a brand that’s been playing in the gaming and high-end enthusiast space for decades and one that doesn’t really need all that much of an introduction. The formula here isn't just about red neon aesthetics - it's also about top-of-the-line specs and feature sets that reflect the needs of their core audience. And if a savvy partnership is what it takes to achieve that, so be it.
They’re MSI. You may have heard of them.
Products like MSI’s new GE73 VR Raider gaming laptop build on that legacy nicely. By MSI’s reckoning, the GE73 VR Raider is more than just another gaming laptop. It’s “the” gaming laptop, promising a best-in-class experience on all the fronts.
What’s behind that promise? All the big names. An Intel CPU. An Nvidia graphics card. A SteelSeries mechanical keyboard. A Dynaudio speaker. Lastly, MSI’s own cooling solution and unique sense of sporty style to bring it all together.
The result: a gaming laptop that looks to leverage both superior specs and ferocious features, putting rivals to shame. The GE73 VR Raider might not be the most monstrous gaming notebook in MSI’s catalog but it’s a beastly one nevertheless.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
- 5 Moto G6 review: A solid mid-tier effort with few compromises
Latest News Articles
- Alienware angle towards portability with Alienware m15
- Razer announces new headset, keyboard and mouse
- IFA 2018: MSI expand Prestige range with new P65 Creator
- IFA 2018: ASUS launch first TUF gaming laptops
- IFA 2018: ASUS upgrade Vivo and Zenbooks
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?