In the end, Klonoa is a fantastic game that unfortunately suffers from a high degree of difficulty
- Beautiful visuals, cute voice over work, and compelling gameplay makes for one of the better platforming experiences around.
- High level of difficulty will turn off a large portion of its potential fanbase, definitely not for the impatient or easily frustrated.
Even with its steep difficulty curve and frequent (cute) deaths, Klonoa is a solid platformer breathing life into an all but dead genre.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
I remember playing Klonoa when it debuted on the original Playstation and my memories were, for the most part, positive. I recalled cute visuals and awesome platforming gameplay. So when the Wii remake floated in for review, I booted it up expecting a smooth trip down memory lane. What I got instead was one hell of a bumpy ride.
That's not because the game is horrible. I actually like it a lot and it's easy to see why my memories of the game were so candy-coated. The animation-quality graphics, which have ported over really well to the Wii, are amazing and the cute voice-over work is exceptional. When the level design is at its best, the game has a great sense of flow; you move along a 2-D plane but the 3-D levels allow you to switch planes and perspectives. The camera does a great job of keeping up, though, so you never get disoriented.
But I was quickly reminded how brutally hard the game is: later levels demand precision timing, dexterous jumps and split-second maneuvering. One tiny little misstep and you're sent plummeting to your death; add in the limited number of lives and you're in for gaming experience that would make Sisyphus shudder. The controls don't help much either because no matter which setup you use-you can use the Wii Remote, the nunchuk combo, a Gamecube controller or the Classic Controller -- the difficulty doesn't go away.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerSA
- FTProject Manager- Cloud -Federal GovernmentOther
- FTMS SQL AdministratorOther
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)Other
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- FTOperational Systems Support SpecialistOther
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- CCAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC