NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi
- Highly accurate colour representation, tilt and lift functions, good graphics and text reproduction
- Limited horizontal viewing angle, low-end contrast ratio and brightness ratings.
If you are looking for a monitor with accurate colour representation the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is right for you.
Price$ 2,229.00 (AUD)
The NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is a 26in widescreen LCD monitor, the largest in NEC's 90 series of professional displays. As such, you'd expect it to be packed with features and NEC is never one to disappoint. At first glance you might be a little disappointed by some of the specifications (800:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness rating), but it's the many impressive features that turn this into a barnstormer.
These include a programmable 12bit colour lookup table for smooth colour transitions and gradients, the ability to display up to 94 percent of the Adobe RGB colour space, and X-light Pro technology to keep the brightness and colour consistent through the life of the display. Though it carries a high-end price tag, this display should appeal to colour-savvy professionals.
The display sports a simple but elegant design with a thin, black bezel - helpful if you need to position two or more displays together. The menu system is intuitive, and the process is made easier still by the onscreen descriptions that appear just above the navigation buttons. Seeing eye-to-eye with this display should be no problem; you can adjust its height, tilt it forward and back, and even rotate it into a portrait orientation. We found the display to be bright but a little washed out. Once calibrated, though, the screen looked great. Its side-angle viewing wasn't quite as good as that of other NEC 90 series displays, but it was still very good. Text was clear, crisp, and legible at small point sizes. Colours really popped, with saturated but accurate representations of the food, skin tones and textures.
For professional photographers and designers, accurate colour is a necessity. Although this big, bright 26in display costs a pretty penny, its vast array of features make the MultiSync LCD2690WUXi a tool all serious colour geeks should consider.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTalent Acquisition SpecialistOther
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- PTDirector Programme Management OfficeSA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior .Net Developer - (Australian Citizens Only)Other
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCLoad Balancer SpecialistWA
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD