NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi
- Highly accurate colour representation, tilt and lift functions, good graphics and text reproduction
- Limited horizontal viewing angle, low-end contrast ratio and brightness ratings.
If you are looking for a monitor with accurate colour representation the NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is right for you.
Price$ 2,229.00 (AUD)
The NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is a 26in widescreen LCD monitor, the largest in NEC's 90 series of professional displays. As such, you'd expect it to be packed with features and NEC is never one to disappoint. At first glance you might be a little disappointed by some of the specifications (800:1 contrast ratio, 300 cd/m2 brightness rating), but it's the many impressive features that turn this into a barnstormer.
These include a programmable 12bit colour lookup table for smooth colour transitions and gradients, the ability to display up to 94 percent of the Adobe RGB colour space, and X-light Pro technology to keep the brightness and colour consistent through the life of the display. Though it carries a high-end price tag, this display should appeal to colour-savvy professionals.
The display sports a simple but elegant design with a thin, black bezel - helpful if you need to position two or more displays together. The menu system is intuitive, and the process is made easier still by the onscreen descriptions that appear just above the navigation buttons. Seeing eye-to-eye with this display should be no problem; you can adjust its height, tilt it forward and back, and even rotate it into a portrait orientation. We found the display to be bright but a little washed out. Once calibrated, though, the screen looked great. Its side-angle viewing wasn't quite as good as that of other NEC 90 series displays, but it was still very good. Text was clear, crisp, and legible at small point sizes. Colours really popped, with saturated but accurate representations of the food, skin tones and textures.
For professional photographers and designers, accurate colour is a necessity. Although this big, bright 26in display costs a pretty penny, its vast array of features make the MultiSync LCD2690WUXi a tool all serious colour geeks should consider.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCHelpdesk Support roleNSW
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- CCICT Lead / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther