NEC P221W LCD monitor
This attractive, well-designed 22-inch widescreen monitor offers fantastic image quality.
- Excellent image quality
- Pricey in comparison to other displays
Attractive and well-designed, this professional display offers fantastic image quality. But it also comes with a very high price.
Price$ 1,255.00 (AUD)
This attractive, well-designed 22-inch widescreen monitor offers impeccable image quality. But at $1255, it's extremely pricey, particularly when you consider that other 22-inch displays can be found for $400 or less.
In our tests, the P221w showed beautiful colour and sharp, easy-to-read text, even at small font sizes. It also handled our motion tests with aplomb, showing negligent blurring. NEC gears this display to specialised uses such as graphic design, and many of the controls in the on-screen display certainly are aimed at fine-tuning the screen. For instance, you can make manual adjustments to the monitor's red, green, and blue levels individually.
The P221w also offers hardware calibration, an unusual extra that will likely appeal photographers and others who might want to adjust the whitepoint or gamma curve. NEC also sells calibration software for the P221w — the software enables further fine adjustments to the screen.
The monitor pivots and adjusts easily, and the unit's smooth black finish would grace any desk quite nicely. The P221w includes DVI and VGA ports for hooking it up to a PC, but it lacks both HDMI and DisplayPort connections.
Still, unless, perhaps, you're a graphics specialist, $1255 seems a high price to pay, even for rock-solid image quality and high-level controls. As mentioned, you can find a decent 22-inch widescreen now for $400 or less, and during these uncertain economic times, it makes sense to watch where you spend your hard-earned cash.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTSOA/OSB Integration ConsultantOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- FTMobile Application Developer (Xamarian)Other
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- FTConfiguration Management Database Discovery AdministratorACT
- FTSystems AnalystsOther
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows AdminVIC