Netgear DGN2000 wireless modem router
The Netgear DGN2000 may not be quite as stylish as the home-friendly Linksys WAG160, but it is really very small
- WPS, good parental control
- Basic feature set
The Netgear DGN2000 is an unobtrusive router that offers a basic feature-set.
Price$ 219.00 (AUD)
The Netgear DGN2000's compact size and low-key black and grey finish, make it pleasantly unobtrusive for home use, while its large status indicators make it easy to see exactly what's going on.
To the side of the Netgear DGN2000 you'll find a handy button for turning the wireless network on or off. You can use this to turn off Wi-Fi when you go out, providing maximum security for your network. Next to it, a Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) button enabled simple wireless setup without the need to remember passwords.
The back of the Netgear DGN2000 houses a standard 100Mbps four-port switch, along with two external antennas; however, these aren't detachable and interchangeable like those on the Billion BiPac 7402NX or DrayTek Vigor 2820Vn.
On the base of the Netgear DGN2000 is a label containing useful information including the default network configuration. It also tells you what all the indicator lights mean and how to reset the device should you lose the instruction manual.
The Netgear DGN2000 has quite a basic feature set: not only does it lack features such as VoIP, 3G and support for USB devices, but it also lacks the network prioritisation features needed to ensure that your most important internet applications aren't slowed down by others, for example by large downloads. It does however offer good parental control setup including the ability to block undesirable URLs and record logs of surfing activities.
In our performance test, the Netgear DGN2000 delivered reasonably good short-range performance, delivering 68Mbps, however this tailed off dramatically over a longer distance, dropping right down to 7Mbps - three to four times slower than the best.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTProject Manager - ServiceNowOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Java/OSB/BPELVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Business Analysis Senior ConsultantOther
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT