Netobjects nPower 1.0
- Simple and fairly easy to use
- Editing functions limited, not as effective as other options
Users of Fusion will find it appealing, but everyone else should pass.
Price$ 95.95 (AUD)
In recent years web-development software makers have recognised that a lot of software is just too complex when it comes to updating content - the very task that will take up most time and effort once a site is up and running. The trend towards simplifying online workflow was started by Macromedia's Contribute, but NetObjects has seen the value of providing a similar package to support its main web designer, Fusion.
nPower is intended for the majority of users who wish to add text and images to a site as easily as possible. Once a version of a site has been created in Fusion that is compatible with nPower, users of the latter can open it online and quickly modify images, text, links and tables. This process is very simple and fairly easy to use, which is great news to those who are easily confused by such programs.
The editing capabilities of nPower are fairly limited, but this is intentional. Too much detail simply confuses many people, creating a bottleneck for sites where modifications have to wait until an expert can intervene. In this case, the program can be used by those with little to no previous experience in the field.
Once a site is retrieved, pages can be added or moved, and the style of pages modified using the SiteStyle dialog. Actually, this is probably one feature that could be a little dangerous in an application such as this one. While the decision to simplify adding content is one that nearly every web manager would welcome, enabling inexperienced users to change the look and feel of a site could be trickier - even if it is a managed process. The decision to release nPower is a smart one on the part of NetObjects and the good news for them is its only real competitor is Macromedia Contribute; which is more than double the price of nPower. To be honest, though, it is not as effective as that program and you really do get what you pay for in this case. We think it will appeal only to organisations that already use Fusion, so the rest of you should look elsewhere.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Western Digital My Cloud Home review: Take back the cloud
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystOther
- TPLevel 1 Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- CCRecruitment AdvisorNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java / MicroServicesOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTMultiple Analyst rolesSA
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Scheduler/CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTLead Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCJava LeadNSW
- CCSQL Server Database AdministratiorNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Consultant - SWIFTOther
- TPProject OfficerVIC