Netsupport Manager 9.1
- Substantial support functions, Bundled ActiveX, Easy Installation
- Complex Functionality
NetSupport Manager 9.1 comes highly recommended and contains a substantial list of features.
Price$ 84.00 (AUD)
Remote-control offerings aren't exactly rare - Microsoft Windows XP Professional has one as standard, and there's always free VNC (Virtual Network Computing). But these are one-to-one tools and are not perfectly suited to the larger task of administering and supporting networks. For this, you need a product along the lines of NSM (NetSupport Manager) - a comprehensive offering with an impressive list of features.
NSM 9.1 offers a substantial list of support functions. As well as remote control, you get file transfer, chat and a hardware/software inventory. The Monitor mode allows you to shrink desktops down to thumbnail views so you can keep an eye on a number of workstations at once. Or you can 'channel surf', displaying each desktop in turn. It's also possible to share control of a remote desktop, so you can walk a user through a problematic task, and there's a record/playback feature that is very useful as a teaching tool.
Remote web access is available via the bundled ActiveX controls, so you can remotely control a client over the Internet directly from a browser. NSM 9.1 works best with Windows clients but more limited support for Pocket PC, Linux and Mac is available.
Reassuringly, NSM 9.1 worked right out of the box. Installation is a snap - you install the whole package on the 'monitoring' PC and just the client on the ones to be monitored. This can be done remotely via a 'deploy' feature.
The well-thought-out Explorer-like interface makes using NSM 9.1 a very intuitive experience, and for most tasks we found no need to refer to the extensive manual. This is a major plus, considering the program's wide-ranging and complex functionality.
Reasonably priced, very easy to use and with a wide range of features, NetSupport Manager is the answer to every network-admin's prayers and comes highly recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4:
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTProject Manager - ServiceNowOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Java/OSB/BPELVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Software DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Business Analysis Senior ConsultantOther
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPPMO Manager - Responsible LendingNSW
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT