Nikon COOLPIX 7900
- Nice image quality
- Blur warning and red-eye fix functions not effective enough, lacks functions
A high-resolution camera that does its best to prevent you taking bad shots.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
The Coolpix 7900 does its best to prevent you from taking bad shots. Its Blur Warning lets you know when camera shake or hand shake has affected a shot--but we found far too many blurred shots still slipped past the sensor's eye. D-Lighting compensates for insufficient flash or excessive backlighting. When tone is adjusted, a new picture is created automatically, in addition to the original. The end result is a brighter picture. Nikon's in-camera red-eye fix function automatically detects and corrects red eyes in-camera. On some shots, it does the job well, but it can also give some subjects a glazed eye effect or completely miss some red eyes.
The Coolpix 7900 features a 3X Zoom-Nikkor ED lens (with focal range equivalent of a 38-114mm lens in 35mm format) and takes shots at 7.1 megapixels. It has a top resolution of 3072 x 2304. Images saved at this setting and at Fine quality are more than suitable for A3 enlargements. All image information is saved to either its 14MB internal memory, or to an SD card.
The 7900's body is easy to hold. For ease of use, the camera omits manual functions such as aperture and shutter priority, but has a large range of presets and auto-settings available.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystNSW
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analysts - agileACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM DEVELOPER - BASELINE CLEARANCE REQUIRED - CANBERRAACT
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- CCLevel 1 Service deskNSW
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTFinance Business PartnerOther
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW