Nikon D850 DSLR Camera: Full Review
A top class addition to the Nikon line-up
- Fast - 7 to 9 frames per second
- Tilting, touch LCD
- 153-point AF system
- Superb image performance
- No built-in flash
- No GPS
- Uses the so-so SnapBridge system rather than offering built in connectivity
Highly competitive upgrade of the Nikon D810 with plenty of new additions and stunning imaging ability makes it a serious player in the $5000 DSLR marketplace.
Price$ 5,200.00 (AUD)
The Nikon D850 DSLR has just hit the market to an initial round of applause that - on initial tests - is more than deserved. The long-awaited replacement for 2014’s D810 - a good camera in its own right - has a stream of improvements and pluses with very few negatives.
But make no mistake this a top of the range camera - its RRP is $5200 - that should perform at the highest level and it’s taking on some very heavy hitters such as Canon’s 5D Mark IV (which is $300 cheaper), 5DS ($700 less) and 5DSR ($300 less).
PC World had the chance to test drive the D850 for two days, paired with the impressive AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR lens. The latter is an FX-format 2.9x normal zoom lens that offers a maximum aperture of f/2.8 across the full focal length range of 24-70mm.
It has a vibration reduction (VR) system and a silent wave motor for autofocus tracking, an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism that delivers stable auto-exposure control and Nano Crystal Coat to reduce ghost and flare. It paired beautifully with the D850 and the photos were splendid.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- CCSAP Techno Function ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersVIC
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Support SpecialistACT
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther