Sometimes an excellent operating system can be made even better
Nintendo Australia Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Warm up your stylus and lace up your shoes: it's game time!
- Control system
- Probably won't win over diehard basketball fans
With its light-hearted gameplay and silly graphics, Mario Hoops probably won't win over a diehard basketball fan but it's entertaining enough to keep most gamers glued to the on-court action. Nintendo definitely shoots and scores with this one.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
With an interesting control scheme and a whimsical presentation, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 offers a delightful twist on the sport of basketball. So warm up your stylus and lace up your shoes: it's game time!
The one thing that immediately makes Mario Hoops stand out is its controls. A combination of the stylus and D-Pad lets players tread the courts with deft precision. There is a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it, you'll be making plays like your last name was Jordan. Items will also randomly appear to help you light up the scoreboard: there are mushrooms that slow you down or speed you up, various coloured shells to throw at opponents and banana peels to give them the slip.
The game also features a quirky scoring system. Two point buckets might be fine and dandy for the NBA but in the world of Mario, each shot nets you 20 points. Depending on how many coins you've accumulated, that can ratchet up to a record breaking 100 points or more! Causing all this on-court mayhem is a classic roster of Mario characters, each with his or her own speciality. For example, Wario is incredibly powerful and can steal the ball with ease while Diddy Kong displays impressive speed.
Like previous titles in the Mario sports franchise, Mario Hoops really shines when more than one human participant gets involved. You can take on your friends and foes alike in tournament mode, exhibition games and a variety of mini-games like Dribble Race and Coin Hunter.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
- 5 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
Latest News Articles
- Upcoming Overwatch Contenders Finals set for Melbourne Esports Open
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: CoolerMaster have new a mouse that can count your kills
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?