Nintendo Australia Super Mario Galaxy
- The level design is superb and the new gameplay mechanics reinvigorate the Mario franchise; wonderful visual style really takes full advantage of the Wii's capabilities; definitely lives up to the high standard of previous Mario games; best title in the franchise since Mario 64.
- It may take some players a while to adjust to the game's unique gameplay; the camera moves in strange ways during the space levels, so we hope you're not prone to motion-sickness! The multiplayer mode is weak and feels tacked on.
This is the first game in a long time that we've actually gone back and replayed levels just for fun. It's everything you loved about Mario 64 and nothing you hated about Super Mario Sunshine.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Mario reaches for the stars in his new intergalactic adventure, Super Mario Galaxy. Strap on your space boots and come along for the ride as we tour the cosmos and explain why Galaxy is the best Mario game since the timeless classic, Mario 64!!!
Nintendo's plump mascot has been around for what seems like forever, doesn't it? It's hard to think about video games without conjuring up images of the cheery plumber. His antics and exploits have thrilled and inspired a generation of gamers. And you have to hand it to Nintendo: they've managed to keep Mario -- not to mention their other main franchises like Zelda and Metroid -- relevant across several different platforms and titles, helping to shape the entire industry as a whole along the way.
The Mario series has especially proven influential: the first Super Mario Bros game has attained mainstream pop culture icon status, and deservedly so. Super Mario Bros 3 was, at the time, a revolutionary title that gave the NES a huge boost late in its life cycle, while Super Mario World helped usher in the 16-bit era and gave the Super Nintendo system a strong push.
Then came Mario 64, which helped open our eyes to the possibilities of a 3D world. And we haven't even touched upon related franchises like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros and Mario's foray into the RPG realm.
There's no denying the star power inherent in the Mario franchise and Galaxy is definitely a title that holds its own. It lives up to the stratospherically high bar that we have set for the series and brings new and interesting wrinkles to the table. It is a fantastic addition to the Wii's already impressive library and as we will soon demonstrate, it is, without a doubt, the best Mario game since the N64 classic.
So click through to the next page and start your adventure down the path of enlightenment.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTBiztalk DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Integration Developer - Cloud focusOther
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCPenetration TesterQLD
- FTAgile Business AnalystOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC