Nintendo Australia Super Princess Peach
- A heroine saves the day! The environment and mechanics of the gameplay are well implemented
- The easy level is painfully easy
In spite of its simplicity, Nintendo definitely continues to do well in the adventure/side-scrolling genre with Super Princess Peach.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
It's up to the Princess to save the Mario Brothers, and she does so with finesse.
Nintendo executes yet another adventure game starring a character from the Mario series, except this time, it's not a male character ... it's Princess Peach! Super Princess Peach, to be exact. While fans have been wondering if this heroine in pink is self-sufficient without her knights in shining armour, Nintendo's been working on the answer: she's very capable of kicking butt, with or without them.
Don't hurt my feelings
Bowser and his minions have finally obtained the Vibe Wand, a magical item that changes the vibe of every inhabitant around them. Using this marvellous new weapon, Bowser thus finds it in his minimal intelligence to kidnap Mario and Luigi instead, figuring no one would be left to save them. Girls certainly wouldn't step up to the plate, would they? Wrong! Bowser didn't figure into his calculations the possibility of the damsel in pink frills coming to the rescue. Princess Peach is up and ready to go, travelling through different stages to find the brothers and saving Toads at the same time. The plot is so simple that it would make any gamer turn their head and ask, "Why didn't they think of this before?"
The game itself is a side-scrolling adventure and succeeds at it. The environment of the different stages as well as the mechanics of the gameplay are both very well implemented. From luscious greens and sunny deserts to tropical escapes and haunted mansions, the game follows the Mario tradition of presenting to the gamer a fun and colourful variety of stages.
My Princess in shining pink
With the aid of her talking yellow parasol, Princess Peach is Super because of her ability to control vibes, each one bringing different powers out of her. They come in four flavours: Joy, Anger, Gloom and Calm. Joy will produce a whirlwind around her and give you the ability to make her fly; Anger will cause her go to on fire and stomp when she jumps; Gloom will make her shed waterfalls of tears and run quickly; and Calm will help her heal. The vibes use up energy from her Vibe Gauge, but replenishing crystals are abundant, and if you can't find one, there's always the option to pick up an enemy and swallow it to fill up your Vibe gauge (similar to Yoshi laying an egg from swallowing enemies). The vibes make for a unique and fun gameplay that makes sense all around.
The way players access Princess Peach's vibes is via the touch screen, where the four hearts representing each Vibe waits readily upon request. The transition from the buttons to the touch screen is a smooth one. Perhaps Nintendo waited to release Princess Peach on the DS because it was the best interface for this game. As the player progresses in the game, Princess Peach will be able to purchase more abilities, life, and increase her Vibe gauge. This is an interesting way to increase her statistics, as most other games will use skill points.
The only ailment of Super Princess Peach is its severely easy difficulty, but that doesn't take the fun away from the game. In spite of its simplicity, Nintendo definitely continues to do well in the adventure/side-scrolling genre with Super Princess Peach.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Ready for some hunting simulation?
- Sonic the Hedgehog Update
- Total War spins off Saga series focused on smaller 'powder-keg' moments in history
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProcurement Officer (GITC)Other
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior CoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCSupply Chain Management Business ArchitectQLD
- CCPalo Alto Network Security ExpertQLD
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCFunctional Lead - ENUNSW
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- FTOrganisation Change ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD