Nintendo Australia Wario Land: Shake It!
A fun and whimsical platforming title.
- Highly engaging and eye pleasing visual style, perfect for younger Wii gamers
- Gameplay is a little too simplistic and repetitive for gamers looking for a challenge
Possessing the charm and vibrant visuals of a Saturday morning cartoon, Wario Land: Shake It! will definitely appeal to children; adult gamers, however, may find the gameplay repetitive and a tad dull.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
As far as spin-off characters go, Wario's had a pretty good career. Though he'll always live in the shadow of his more popular doppleganger Mario, he still manages to star in some awesome games like the frantic WarioWare. Now he's back with Wario Land: Shake It!, a fun and whimsical platforming title that's perfect for the younger Wii gamer.
All That Glitters
The more I played Shake It!, the more I became enamoured with the game's visual style. It really is one of the more vibrant and eye pleasing Wii games I've seen. The cartoon-like graphics are really whimsical and it fits Wario's greedy and grubby persona perfectly. Everything, from the characters to the level environments, left my inner-child smiling; it really is like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.
The gameplay, however, didn't thrill me as much. The level designs are rather simplistic, though there are plenty of hidden nooks and out of the way crannies to hunt down, and the treasure collecting missions felt a little repetitive after a while. The boss fights are also rather easy and won't challenge experienced gamers.
Still, the game does make good use of the Wii Remote-you hold the controller sideways and use the motion sensing for things like shaking money bags and initiating a powerful ground stomp — and there plenty of side missions to keep gamers busy. And I'm pretty positive that fans of platform games will find enough depth to keep them entertained throughout the game's main levels.
Despite its simplistic gameplay, the game is still worth playing, especially for the casual Wii gamer. It's fun, it's simple and it's charming, which pretty much describes most Wii games that hit big with that audience. And like I said, it's perfect for younger gamers so for them, it's an easy recommendation as well.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTIT Systems Administrator - Multiple Positions!Other
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - NetworkingOther
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Heavy Vehicle Regulation & LegislationOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTIT ManagerOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW