Nintendo Australia Wario: Master of Disguise
- Fun range of powers and disguises, innovative use of touch screen, Wario's in it.
- Average graphics, annoying characters and plot, gets a bit 'gimmicky' after a while.
Wario Master of Disguise is a surprisingly lacklustre title from the usually reliable bods at Nintendo. There is some fun to be had, but we were expecting a bit more.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
At first glance, Wario: Master of Disguise seems like a basic platformer in the tradition of Wario's red-capped cousin.
It quickly becomes apparent, however, that this game is no generic re-hashing of a familiar formula.
'Stache the Loot
The premise is simple: Wario is sucked into his favorite TV show about an over-the-top thief named the Silver Zephyr, steals the Zephyr's magical wand and then aims to steal everything that isn't nailed down. The plot is bizarre, as is to be expected in a Wario game, and generally isn't interesting enough to pay attention to through the hackneyed dialogue scenes.
The disguises are varied and offer up some cool abilities, most of which have you making good use of the stylus. Astronaut Wario is a good offensive option with his laser for clearing out enemies and is also useful for shooting switches and other puzzle elements. Artist Wario is immobile, but he lets you draw blocks with the stylus anywhere on the screen which can be used to trigger far off pressure switches, reach higher platforms, or even block line of sight for a patrolling guard. The Silver Zephyr's mechanical contraptions make up the boss fights throughout the game, and each one will require you to make creative use of one or more of your disguises.
The gameplay stays varied throughout, but Master of Disguise ends up feeling a little gimmicky due to uninteresting characters, plot, environments and graphics. The only real motivation to keep playing are the creative disguise abilities and fun touch screen elements you discover early on. There are 8 different mini games to play whenever you unlock a treasure chest, but these are easy and only mildly entertaining at best. If you're looking for a unique platformer with some enjoyable touch-screen gameplay, Wario: Master of the disguise is a decent choice, if a little rough around the edges.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Australian Destroyer joins in World of Warships
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTCyber Security Analyst | 6 mthOther
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- FTSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTProject Manager - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTQA Lead / TesterNSW
- CCProject Manager - IVRVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTLevel 2 Mobile ICT AdministratorACT
- FTJD Edwards Principle/ Functional ConsultantVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSenior Agile Business AnalystOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperQLD