"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Nintendo Australia Wario: Master of Disguise
- Fun range of powers and disguises, innovative use of touch screen, Wario's in it.
- Average graphics, annoying characters and plot, gets a bit 'gimmicky' after a while.
Wario Master of Disguise is a surprisingly lacklustre title from the usually reliable bods at Nintendo. There is some fun to be had, but we were expecting a bit more.
Price$ 69.95 (AUD)
At first glance, Wario: Master of Disguise seems like a basic platformer in the tradition of Wario's red-capped cousin.
It quickly becomes apparent, however, that this game is no generic re-hashing of a familiar formula.
'Stache the Loot
The premise is simple: Wario is sucked into his favorite TV show about an over-the-top thief named the Silver Zephyr, steals the Zephyr's magical wand and then aims to steal everything that isn't nailed down. The plot is bizarre, as is to be expected in a Wario game, and generally isn't interesting enough to pay attention to through the hackneyed dialogue scenes.
The disguises are varied and offer up some cool abilities, most of which have you making good use of the stylus. Astronaut Wario is a good offensive option with his laser for clearing out enemies and is also useful for shooting switches and other puzzle elements. Artist Wario is immobile, but he lets you draw blocks with the stylus anywhere on the screen which can be used to trigger far off pressure switches, reach higher platforms, or even block line of sight for a patrolling guard. The Silver Zephyr's mechanical contraptions make up the boss fights throughout the game, and each one will require you to make creative use of one or more of your disguises.
The gameplay stays varied throughout, but Master of Disguise ends up feeling a little gimmicky due to uninteresting characters, plot, environments and graphics. The only real motivation to keep playing are the creative disguise abilities and fun touch screen elements you discover early on. There are 8 different mini games to play whenever you unlock a treasure chest, but these are easy and only mildly entertaining at best. If you're looking for a unique platformer with some enjoyable touch-screen gameplay, Wario: Master of the disguise is a decent choice, if a little rough around the edges.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
- 5 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
Latest News Articles
- Upcoming Overwatch Contenders Finals set for Melbourne Esports Open
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: CoolerMaster have new a mouse that can count your kills
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?