- Design, value for money, standard mini-USB port, illuminated controls, large display, FM radio and MP3 player
- No USB cable included
The 6300 is a stylish handset that offers great value for money. For a handset designed to do the basics, this is without doubt one of the best on the market.
Price$ 389.00 (AUD)
An entry level handset designed to do the basics, the Nokia 6300 is a stylish, well designed mobile phone with a 2 megapixel camera, MP3 player and stereo FM radio. The matt stainless steel finish adds a touch of class to a unit that will serve most users needs with excellence.
The 6300 performs well for voice calls, with adequate call quality and good volume levels, even in noisy environments. The hands-free speakerphone also works well and was loud and clear throughout testing. The 6300 includes the full array of standard phone features such as a 1000-entry phone book, speed dialling and voice commands.
The 6300 is very basic handset, with no advanced features, making it ideal for those who are after a first handset or users who just want a phone to make calls and send messages. Despite being a base model, the 6300 includes a couple of multimedia features such as a 2 megapixel camera, FM radio and MP3 player. The camera captures images at up to 1600x1200 and has a number of effects, a night mode, the ability to adjust white balance and a 10 second self-timer. However, photos taken with the 6300 camera suffer from the same problems synonymous with most mobile phones - a lack of clarity, poor colour reproduction and excessive image noise, limiting its use to happy snaps and little more.
The music player interface has been given a refreshing new look, but it remains the same features-wise as most Nokia phones. Basic play options include random and repeat, while seven preset equaliser options allow users to tweak the sound. The 6300 also includes Bluetooth with Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), meaning it can wirelessly stream music to a compatible pair of Bluetooth headphones. The 6300 is capable of playing multiple file formats including WMA, MP3 and AAC.
The 6300 is really a gem of a design and is sleek, sturdy and very comfortable to use. It measures 106mm x 44mm x 13mmm and weighs just 91g. It's finished in a matt, stainless steel and gloss black surface and is very kind to fingerprints. Overall, the design resembles a much more expensive handset. The large 2in display is also excellent, offering a resolution of 240x320 pixels (TFT) and supporting up to 16.7 million colours. It is bright and clear for general menu browsing and also looks good for watching video clips.
The controls provide excellent tactile feedback and the keypad is well spaced out and comfortable when type long messages. Controls consist of a five-way navigational pad with a stylish chrome outline, two selection buttons and answer/end call keys. When pressed, both the keypad and controls light up thanks to a soft blue backlight, while two LED 'reminder lights' on each side of the handset flash blue when the 6300 receives a message or call. The only other buttons on the handset are a power button on the top and a volume control on the right side.
The 6300 is charged via a standard Nokia AC charger, included in the sales package, but can also be charged via a standard mini-USB cable (not included) thanks to a mini-USB connection at the bottom of the phone. According to Nokia figures, battery life is rated at up to 3.5 hours of talk time and up to 336 hours of standby time. On average the 6300 lasted two to three days with moderate usage during testing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTDevOps Engineers/Consultants - CloudOther
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- FTBilling Consultant - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTIBM Tivoli Network Configuration leadVIC
- FTiMIS Engineer / DBAOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLand Access Coordinator / Lead - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- TPProgram Coordinator. Product Management BackgroundNSW
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCService Management AnalystNSW
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther