June is the month to get your business organised. Enter today.
- Excellent handsfree call quality, comfortable, design, user-friendly and easily accessible controls
- Poor sound quality overall, lack of clarity and crispness, bulky design
The BH-604's may offer decent handsfree calling, but their performance in streaming audio is below average.
Price$ 219.99 (AUD)
A DJ-style Bluetooth headset offering the ability to listen to music and take mobile calls wirelessly, Nokia's BH-604 headphones promise "Hi-Fi sound and deep bass". Unfortunately, what they ultimately deliver is below average sound quality and a chunky design – all for a hefty asking price.
Wireless headphones are obviously still far behind their wired counterparts in terms of sound quality, but they have been improving as Bluetooth technology advances. Unfortunately, though the BH-604's are easy to listen to, they fall behind many other models in terms of audio quality. The sound produced is very harsh, with evident distortion, especially at higher volume levels. The bass isn't balanced and the overall sound is lacking in any sort of quality. The biggest audio issue though is clarity – but do keep in mind that this is a standard issue of most wireless headphones and not a problem of this unit in particular.
Utilising an over-the-head design, the BH-604's are comfortable to wear for long periods but their large size and bulky design will not suit everyone. They feel solidly constructed though, and the adjustable headband is covered in a soft, leather-like material so it sits comfortably on top of your head.
The one advantage to the bulky design is well placed controls. For music control, there are play/pause, previous and next buttons and a volume slider, while the multifunction key can answer and end calls, activate voice dialling (provided your phone supports it) and redial your last call. The controls are large and well placed making them easy to press.
We found both incoming and outgoing call quality excellent and definitely on par with dedicated Bluetooth headsets. Particularly impressive was the loud in-call volume and the clear incoming sound. The handsfree calling is definitely the BH-604's most impressive feature.
Pairing the BH-604's to a compatible phone or multimedia player is a simple process. Holding down the multifunction key until the indicator light flashes blue puts it into pairing mode. From here, simply search for the device, enter the default passcode and then connect.
Rounding out the package is a quoted 19 hours of music playback time and up to two weeks of standby time. In addition, Nokia claims that you'll get 18 hours of talk time from just under 1.5 hours of charging via the included AC adapter.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics Announce Backbeat Go 600 Wireless Headphones
- HyperX target console-crowd with Cloud Stinger Core headset
- Computex 2018: ROG cover all the bases with new Delta gaming headset
- Apple launched new Beats collection to celebrate 10 year anniversary
- Sony confirm Xperia Ear Duo for Australian market
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?