Nokia BH-905 Bluetooth headphones
Handle your music and phone calls with these Bluetooth headphones
- Excellent sound quality, decent build quality, wired and wireless connections, solid voice call performance, punchy bass, good noise cancellation
- Ears quickly become hot, mid-range lacks detail, slight background hissing in Bluetooth mode, expensive
The Nokia BH-905 Bluetooth headphones are among the best sounding wireless headphones we've reviewed. They aren't perfect and obviously won't attract audiophiles, but the convenience of using a wired or wireless connection, the range of bundled accessories and the ability to handle phone calls make these headphones an impressive product -– albeit one with a premium price.
Price$ 399.99 (AUD)
Looking like a regular pair of over-the-ear headphones, the Nokia BH-905 can wirelessly stream your music from a Bluetooth compatible phone or portable music player and can also handle phone calls. Featuring a built-in microphone, volume controls and a multifunction key that allows you to answer and end calls, the Nokia BH-905 Bluetooth headphones possess surprisingly good audio quality and excellent noise-cancellation capabilities. However, the exorbitant cost is hard to swallow.
The Nokia BH-905 headphones boast an attractive black and silver design. The brushed metal style finish on the outside of the plastic ear-cups certainly adds a nice touch of style, as does the chrome edging. The black plastic headband gives the unit a professional look, without compromising on style. Build quality feels reasonably impressive — the plastic headband creaks when pressed, but the frame feels solid and the hinges rotate effortlessly.
The Nokia BH-905 headphones are quite large, but the headset is comfortable to wear for long periods. Both the ear-cups and the headband are finished with a soft leather-style pad filled with foam — this means the BH-905 never digs into your head or ears. A downside to the soft finish is that your ears become rather hot, even after just a few minutes of use.
Although wireless audio is the Nokia BH-905's key feature, you can use the headphones with a wired connection — the sales package comes with a 2.5mm Nokia jack connector, a 3.5mm Nokia jack, a standard 3.5mm jack, a larger 6.3mm jack and an airplane adapter.
Audio when using both wireless and wired connections is impressive and among the best we've heard from Bluetooth headphones, which are usually renowned for poor sound quality. The sounds is crisp and smooth overall, and the headphones handle bass particularly well — it's punchy but not overpowering. The mid-range lacks quite a bit detail and there is slight background hissing, a common fault with Bluetooth audio. The Nokia BH-905 headset definitely won't impress audiophiles (no Bluetooth headphones will), but the average consumer is certainly well catered for.
Noise cancelling is excellent for an over-the-ear design. Nokia claims the BH-905 uses 10 microphones to block external noise — eight microphones for capturing background noise and the other two to capture your voice during phone calls. The BH-905 has a noise-cancelling switch under the left ear cup and once activated the difference is notable. Crowded public buses and trains and noisy office colleagues (such as our sub-editor) were masked by the BH-905, but busy city traffic can still be heard.
The Nokia BH-905 can pair with any mobile phone with Bluetooth, but requires AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) for music control. As the iPhone 3GS lacks this profile (one of many disappointing Bluetooth limitations), we were unable to use the play/pause and skip track buttons on the BH-905.
For phone calls, the Nokia BH-905 will work with any Bluetooth mobile and call quality is surprisingly good. Incoming audio is excellent and we had no issues with it, while outgoing audio is best described as adequate — heavy background noise (such as busy city traffic or large crowds) could still be heard by our callers, and our voice was described as sounding rather unnatural. On the plus side, volume is adequate and conversations were clearly audible.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- FTBackend Java DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTSolution Designer - CRM / EDWOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps Engineer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - InfrastructureVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Operations EngineerSA
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Audio VisualNSW
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTSecurity Architect | 6mth ContractOther