Save up to $90! Great Deals on Norton 360 antivirus starting at just A$79.99 Get comprehensive protection with Norton 360 including Antivirus, secure VPN, a Password Manager, PC Cloud Backup, and more. All backed by 60-day Money Back Guarantee and 100% Virus Protection Promise.
Nokia C6-01 smartphone (preview)
The Nokia C6-01 features an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording and a 3.2in AMOLED touchscreen.
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, ClearBlack Display (CBD), 8-megapixel camera, HD video recording
- No solid verdict on Symbian^3
The Nokia C6-01 is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system -- Symbian^3. The C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD).
The Nokia C6-01 — not to be confused with the older, QWERTY-keyboard-equipped C6 — is a new "compact" full touchscreen smartphone that runs the latest version of Nokia's Symbian operating system, Symbian^3.
The Nokia C6-01 boasts a 3.2in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, and also utilises a ClearBlack Display (CBD). Nokia claims the CBD offers a higher-than-standard contrast and has a polarising filter that cuts out the reflections that interfere with legibility. The company also states that the CBD will offer much better performance for use in direct sunlight, and that it is also more power efficient.
The CBD will compete directly with the "Super AMOLED" display used on the Samsung Galaxy S and the IPS "retina" display seen on the Apple iPhone 4, but its 640x360 resolution is lower than both of these competitors.
The Nokia C6-01's features include an 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, 720p HD video recording, a microSD card slot that will accept cards up to 32GB in size along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The Nokia C6-01 will also ship with Nokia's Ovi Maps application which provides free full turn-by-turn navigation for the lifetime of the device.
The Nokia C6-01 is not expected to launch in Australia until early 2011. Pricing is yet to be announced.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G review: Speaking the language of overkill
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Book S review: Sleek hardware saddled by compromised a software experience
- 3 Jabra Elite 75t true wireless earbuds review: Proof you don't have to be the best to be great
- 4 HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Reno2 Z review: A feature-filled, mid-tier masterpiece
Latest News Articles
- Oppo add A91 to their wallet-friendly lineup
- Alcatel are now slinging budget handsets via Amazon Australia
- The Huawei P40 Pro might have the largest smartphone camera sensor ever. It might not matter.
- Telstra are discounting their mobile broadband plans until April 6
- HMD Global are getting into the global roaming game at the worst possible time
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G review: Speaking the language of overkill
- HP Spectre x360 13: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo Reno2 Z review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?