Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
More than just nostalgia
- Great form factor
- Solid performance
- Minor stability Issues
- Camera is sometimes slow to load
There’s so much more to like about the Nokia 8 than just the nostalgia factor. Solid specs, crisp cameras and fantastic form factor make it a comeback for the brand.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
2017 has been a rebound year for almost too many smartphone brands to count. Samsung’s Note 8 emerged from the flames of last year’s debacle, TCL returned BlackBerry to prominence with the KeyONE and, now, HMD Global launches its latest bid to do the same with the once-mighty Nokia.
Building on the momentum of its initial offensive into the mass market with the value-driven Nokia 3, 5 and 6, the Finnish startup are now taking a solid swipe at the giants of the industry with the Nokia 8.
Billed as the first true flagship Nokia smartphone since the company’s heyday, the Nokia 8 is both a little larger and faster trio of devices HMD launched back in June. However, according to HMD, it’s more than just iterative - it’s innovative in ways that count, specifically when it comes to camera side of the equation.
If HMD’s initial trio of devices were aimed at getting the mass market to care about the Nokia brand again, the Nokia 8 feels like it’s intended to give enthusiasts reason to do the same. To all the Android-based smartphone vendors out there,it’s a warning shot. Ignore Nokia at your own peril. This is a smartphone that can’t be written off as mere nostalgia.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCCommercial AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTLinux DevOps EngineerOther
- TPSenior Desktop AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior IT Recruitment Consultant - CommercialOther
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCAutomation Test Analysts x4ACT
- CCRF Engineer - Sydney Based, Start August 2017NSW
- FTIT ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer - hands on roleOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBiztalk DeveloperSA
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD