Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Supports many file formats, works quickly and accurately
- Premium price
Accuracy and speed are most important, and in these areas OmniPage Professional 16.0 performs very well. However, it is the inclusion of so many features - covering every aspect that advanced users may wish to consider - that makes OmniPage Professional 16.0 so appealing.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
For the average user, the OCR (optical character recognition software) that comes bundled with their scanner is more than enough for most of their needs. In fact, chances are they've already been given a version of OmniPage, so there'd need to be a very strong reason for paying full whack for a package such as OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0 is aimed at people working in professions where a huge amount of documentation has to be converted into an electronic, editable format - taking text from scanners, PDF files and camera images that are then output to text documents and the like. OmniPage Professional 16.0 is multilingual as well, and can recognise and work with over 100 languages.
Nuance claims to have improved OmniPage Professional 16.0's accuracy by 27 and speed by up to 46 percent. Although unable to verify precisely these claims, on the right computer OmniPage Professional 16.0 is both fast and accurate, and does an excellent job of retaining the original formatting. While this is the core feature, probably the most remarkable improvement is the addition of what Nuance calls 3DC scanning, whereby images taken with a digital camera can be automatically skewed for improved results. As taking images from a camera speeds up the whole process of converting documents, this alone is one reason to upgrade to OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0's third method of input, from PDF, works well - despite the occasional error message (which appeared to have no effect on final character recognition and output). And OmniPage Professional 16.0 not only converts files into editable text but, with the inclusion of PDF Create! 4.0, can also take your own documents and turn them into PDF files for distribution. It's certainly not as sophisticated as Acrobat - but OmniPage Professional 16.0 is extremely easy to use and handy for processing batch jobs.
The addition of PaperPort 11.0 means that you have greater control over managing documents: it organises files from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 and also allows you to annotate documents and PDFs for indexing. For the average user, PaperPort is overkill, but for professionals handling huge quantities of documents it's a useful tool.
When using OmniPage Professional 16.0, you can choose from several views depending on your familiarity with the program, and the improved Workflow Assistant means that plenty of complex (and tedious) tasks are now performed with a single button press from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 or on your scanner. Add support for Office 2007 and this is the best OCR software around.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- FTWLM Hanna Data ModellersACT
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTLead Mobile App DeveloperQLD
- FTEducation/Training OfficerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - $500 per dayOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTMid / Senior Level Functional Banking ConsultantsOther
- FTCRM Solution ArchitectACT
- FTCyber Security Engineer - AWS Project!Other
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++ - Financial Services - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTLead Project Manager, Transformation, Refurbishment & UpgradesOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPInside Sales Process Improvement AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Coach/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerVIC
- TPSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther