Nuance OmniPage Professional 16
- Supports many file formats, works quickly and accurately
- Premium price
Accuracy and speed are most important, and in these areas OmniPage Professional 16.0 performs very well. However, it is the inclusion of so many features - covering every aspect that advanced users may wish to consider - that makes OmniPage Professional 16.0 so appealing.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
For the average user, the OCR (optical character recognition software) that comes bundled with their scanner is more than enough for most of their needs. In fact, chances are they've already been given a version of OmniPage, so there'd need to be a very strong reason for paying full whack for a package such as OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0 is aimed at people working in professions where a huge amount of documentation has to be converted into an electronic, editable format - taking text from scanners, PDF files and camera images that are then output to text documents and the like. OmniPage Professional 16.0 is multilingual as well, and can recognise and work with over 100 languages.
Nuance claims to have improved OmniPage Professional 16.0's accuracy by 27 and speed by up to 46 percent. Although unable to verify precisely these claims, on the right computer OmniPage Professional 16.0 is both fast and accurate, and does an excellent job of retaining the original formatting. While this is the core feature, probably the most remarkable improvement is the addition of what Nuance calls 3DC scanning, whereby images taken with a digital camera can be automatically skewed for improved results. As taking images from a camera speeds up the whole process of converting documents, this alone is one reason to upgrade to OmniPage Professional 16.0.
OmniPage Professional 16.0's third method of input, from PDF, works well - despite the occasional error message (which appeared to have no effect on final character recognition and output). And OmniPage Professional 16.0 not only converts files into editable text but, with the inclusion of PDF Create! 4.0, can also take your own documents and turn them into PDF files for distribution. It's certainly not as sophisticated as Acrobat - but OmniPage Professional 16.0 is extremely easy to use and handy for processing batch jobs.
The addition of PaperPort 11.0 means that you have greater control over managing documents: it organises files from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 and also allows you to annotate documents and PDFs for indexing. For the average user, PaperPort is overkill, but for professionals handling huge quantities of documents it's a useful tool.
When using OmniPage Professional 16.0, you can choose from several views depending on your familiarity with the program, and the improved Workflow Assistant means that plenty of complex (and tedious) tasks are now performed with a single button press from within OmniPage Professional 16.0 or on your scanner. Add support for Office 2007 and this is the best OCR software around.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSystems Engineer - Dell EMCWA
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- CCDynamics 365 ? Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior SAS DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Field Engineer/SupportVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTEngineer - Unix/LinuxOther
- FTICT Systems Support OfficerQLD
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCGeospatial Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist - SCOMOther
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTNet Technical Lead - Funds Management Products -Leading FintechOther
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior BI ManagerNSW