Will you be the new owner of a pair of Jabra headphones? Enter the competition today to be in the running.
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users
- Creates PDFs quickly and accurately, affordable
- Some menus are cryptic
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 package has lots to like. And it's today's best value in full-featured PDF-conversion software.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 takes on Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro (Acrobat comes from the originator of the PDF format) - and does so with a strategy that is both obvious and ambitious.
Nuance provides loads of features aimed directly at business users, including most of Acrobat Pro 9's advanced features and some that it lacks, despite being cheaper.
No PDF tool is worth considering unless it quickly and faithfully converts documents of all sorts into PDFs. In our tests, Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 did just that, and it's full of niceties that help you create better PDFs with less effort.
We even liked Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0's new thumbnail viewer for juggling the pages in a PDF more than Acrobat Pro's equivalent, for instance. And if you open an image file that contains text, PDF Converter now asks you if want to use its optical-character-recognition feature to make the text searchable, and whether you want to keep the image or replace it with editable text.
One of the best things about Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 is its ability to reverse the process by turning a PDF back into an editable Word, WordPerfect, Excel, or PowerPoint file. The new version even lets you select a single chunk of a PDF for conversion - very handy when you don't need the entire document.
Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise 6.0 doesn't match Acrobat Pro in every respect, though. We found some of its icons, terminology, and error messages (yes, we got a few of those as well) to be a tad cryptic. Its new Portfolio PDF-bundling feature offers only one template versus Acrobat's four, and Acrobat's support for embedded video is better. And you get integrated access to Microsoft SharePoint document repositories, but no support for Adobe's Acrobat.com collaborative service.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 2 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
- 3 Jabra Elite 65t review: Third time's the charm
- 4 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 5 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
Latest News Articles
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- Dropbox Rolls Out New AdminX Tools for Data Management
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- OnePlus debut the OnePlus 6
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?