Nuance PDF Converter Professional 5.0
- Excellent accuracy, supports a wide array of file formats
- Starts a little slower than other similar apps
If PDF usage is prevalent in your office, Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5.0 should find a place in your toolbox.
Price$ 195.00 (AUD)
Do you work in an environment that relies on PDF documents as much as it does on Microsoft Office? If so, you may find it becoming difficult to manage all those file formats. That's when you need to invest in a PDF conversion tool. We tried out Nuance's $195 PDF Converter Pro 5.0, and were very impressed with its ease of use and outstanding accuracy.
Of course, you don't have to spend $195 on a PDF conversion tool – you can find free downloads and free Web services that convert documents into PDFs. For a quick conversion, such tools are fine in a pinch. You also can opt for one of the two $69 products that Nuance offers – PDF Converter 5 or PDF Create that do one-way conversions to PDF. But Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5.0 is a veritable Swiss-army-knife solution, offering advanced features such as digital signature support, side-by-side PDF-file comparisons, form creation, and PDF archiving of Microsoft Outlook mail.
This Pro version is not only less expensive than two major competitors (the $US130 Able2Extract and the $US399 Document Converter Pro from Neevia ), but it offers more features, converts documents more quickly, and improves on its competitors' conversion accuracy. It's also easier to use, thanks to a friendly interface and an optional assistant, and it handles images, links, and tables impressively.
PDF Converter Pro's most attractive features are its two-way conversion capabilities and its expansive file format support. It will generate PDF files from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, MRC PDF (a compressed, three-layer format used by Nuance Omnipage and Paperport products), and searchable PDF files. It also converts PDF documents to any of these formats for editing with amazing accuracy.
We converted a 154-page PDF file (containing text, images, links, and tables) to a Word document. PDF Converter Pro 5.0 completed the task in 4 minutes, 1 second, with an accuracy level near 99 per cent. Only a few images were converted incorrectly; they came out as groups of images and not single objects. Able2Extract took 4min 45sec to complete the same task – that's 18 per cent slower – and the accuracy level wasn't quite as high. Like PDF Converter Pro, Able2Extract does offer two-way conversion, but it supports fewer file formats. Neevia's Document Converter Pro, meanwhile, uses a clunky interface that's better suited to batch conversion, not one-off use. And, despite being four times the price of Converter Pro 5.0, it offers only a one-way conversion to PDF.
Nuance PDF Converter Pro 5 also provides seamless content editing, regardless of the file type. You can edit PDFs directly within the app: objects can be resized or rotated, notes can be added, and changes can be tracked for review and approval. One of the nicest features: similar to creating a compressed ZIP file with multiple objects, PDF Converter Pro 5.0 can create a single PDF package made from any or all of the supported file types. Nuance also includes a PDF comparison tool that provides a side-by-side look at two PDF documents and points out all the changes.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPBusiness and Test Analyst | Student Management SystemQLD
- FTChange Manager, IT & Business ProjectsOther
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- TPSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPSecurity AnalystACT
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- TPProject Manager - IT SecurityQLD
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC