onOne PhotoTune 2.2
- Fast tools to correct colour
- Not much on offer for creative pros
PhotoTune is more of a production tool than a creative one, and of limited use to design professionals.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
PhotoTune is based on two plug-ins from the company of the same name, which OnOne acquired in September. It includes SkinTune and 20/20 Color MD – renamed ColorTune here, perhaps to stop it sounding like an alcoholic drink favoured by students. Since OnOne acquired them, the company has updated both to version 2.2.
Both plug-ins offer colour correction tools aimed at creatives working with large numbers of images. SkinTune corrects images based on skin tones. You select an area of skin using an eyedropper tool, then select the ethnicity of the person (African, Asian, Caucasian, Latin, Middle Eastern or All, for people of mixed race), and the plug-in adjusts the colour of the overall image based on its knowledge of skin tone characteristics.
ColorTune adjusts images by offering you a series of two variations on it that you select between in a similar fashion to having an eye test. It's a curious idea, but it works – delivering much improved images in six steps.
The version 2.2 updates allow both to work on 16-bit images, which is great for photographers working with RAW images. They both also work as Smart Filters in Photoshop CS3, which makes changing their results easier.
OnOne has rejigged ColorTune's core ColorWizard, which used to require 13 steps. However, while it's great for novices, experienced Photoshop users won't find it any faster than traditional correction.
SkinTune is more useful, as it produces naturalistic results often in a single click. It works well with most of the skin colours in our test shots – even with extreme lighting conditions. You need to be careful where you click with unevenly lit skin though (as in the shot shown above) to get the best results.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPlatform DesignerOther
- CCSecurity ArchitectNSW
- CCEDRMS SpecialistACT
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- TPSoftware Asset Management Program ManagerNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistNSW
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- TPCyber Security SpecialistQLD
- TPSystems Administrator (ServiceNow)QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Office 365QLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Regulatory ResponseNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- FTOperational Risk ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CC.Net DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPBI AnalystNSW