onOne PhotoTune 2.2
- Fast tools to correct colour
- Not much on offer for creative pros
PhotoTune is more of a production tool than a creative one, and of limited use to design professionals.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
PhotoTune is based on two plug-ins from the company of the same name, which OnOne acquired in September. It includes SkinTune and 20/20 Color MD – renamed ColorTune here, perhaps to stop it sounding like an alcoholic drink favoured by students. Since OnOne acquired them, the company has updated both to version 2.2.
Both plug-ins offer colour correction tools aimed at creatives working with large numbers of images. SkinTune corrects images based on skin tones. You select an area of skin using an eyedropper tool, then select the ethnicity of the person (African, Asian, Caucasian, Latin, Middle Eastern or All, for people of mixed race), and the plug-in adjusts the colour of the overall image based on its knowledge of skin tone characteristics.
ColorTune adjusts images by offering you a series of two variations on it that you select between in a similar fashion to having an eye test. It's a curious idea, but it works – delivering much improved images in six steps.
The version 2.2 updates allow both to work on 16-bit images, which is great for photographers working with RAW images. They both also work as Smart Filters in Photoshop CS3, which makes changing their results easier.
OnOne has rejigged ColorTune's core ColorWizard, which used to require 13 steps. However, while it's great for novices, experienced Photoshop users won't find it any faster than traditional correction.
SkinTune is more useful, as it produces naturalistic results often in a single click. It works well with most of the skin colours in our test shots – even with extreme lighting conditions. You need to be careful where you click with unevenly lit skin though (as in the shot shown above) to get the best results.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitness and The Wearable
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTManagement Consultant - ConsultancyOther
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- FTSpatial AnalystVIC
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst x 2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- CCData ScientistACT
- FTResident EngineerOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSAP SD/EDI Support ConsultantOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Data and Information MangementQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTDevOps Engineer - Financial ServicesOther
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Operations Consultant (Banking exp a must!)VIC