OXX Pocket DAB+ digital radio
OXX Digital Pocket review: An impressive portable digital radio that comes bundled with great earphones
- Great headphones, easy to operate, sturdy design
- No internal rechargeable battery
The OXX Digital Pocket is the best portable digital radio that we've reviewed and it's bundled with great a-Jays earphones. It's also good value.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The OXX Digital Pocket is exactly what a portable digital radio should be: FM-capable as well as supporting DAB+ radio, easy to use, compact, durable and able to provide good reception. To top it off, it's also bundled with a pair of a-Jays One earphones.
It's similar in design and operation to the Bush Walker digital radio, but the OXX Digital Pocket is a superior product.
Unlike the Bush Walker, which seemed slightly flimsy and fragile, the Pocket feels sturdy in your hand, with the entire back cover finished in matte black plastic. The front of the Pocket has the same layout as the Bush Walker, with simple buttons and a backlit dual-line LCD. Scanning for stations, setting presets and adjusting volume and station is a breeze.
The Pocket is operated by two AA batteries so a pair of rechargeable batteries will save you money if you listen to the radio regularly. Reception was excellent when we tested it in the Sydney CBD, with both digital and FM stations clear and audible.
The bundling of Jays' entry level a-Jays One earphones is a huge incentive for people to buy the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio. Although the earphones provided with the Bush Walker and Grundig Roam are adequate, the a-Jays One earphones blows them away. The bass is not too overpowering, with mid and treble tones crystal clear. The a-Jays One headphones also have a tangle-free cord and five pairs of silicone sleeves that do a great job of filtering out background noise.
We were very impressed with the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio — we think it is the best portable digital radio to have passed through our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 2 HP Spectre x360 16 review: The right 2-in-1 at the wrong time
- 3 Asus ProArt PA279CV monitor review: The go-to for content creators on a budget
- 4 Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022) review: The pinnacle of design
- 5 Netgear Nighthawk M5 mobile router review: Probably too expensive, but nice
Latest News Articles
- You can now rock out to Apple Music on Roku devices
- Complete guide to the new AirPods Pro 2
- Apple Music adds DJ mixes in spatial audio
- Friday Night Baseball on Apple TV+ will be free for the first 12 weeks of the season
- Apple TV+ makes history at wild Oscars ceremony
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- 100 Great PC Games You Should Play Before You Die
- Best Click Frenzy mobile and Internet plan deals
- Microsoft’s iconic browser Internet Explorer is being killed off in June
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?