OXX Pocket DAB+ digital radio
OXX Digital Pocket review: An impressive portable digital radio that comes bundled with great earphones
- Great headphones, easy to operate, sturdy design
- No internal rechargeable battery
The OXX Digital Pocket is the best portable digital radio that we've reviewed and it's bundled with great a-Jays earphones. It's also good value.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The OXX Digital Pocket is exactly what a portable digital radio should be: FM-capable as well as supporting DAB+ radio, easy to use, compact, durable and able to provide good reception. To top it off, it's also bundled with a pair of a-Jays One earphones.
It's similar in design and operation to the Bush Walker digital radio, but the OXX Digital Pocket is a superior product.
Unlike the Bush Walker, which seemed slightly flimsy and fragile, the Pocket feels sturdy in your hand, with the entire back cover finished in matte black plastic. The front of the Pocket has the same layout as the Bush Walker, with simple buttons and a backlit dual-line LCD. Scanning for stations, setting presets and adjusting volume and station is a breeze.
The Pocket is operated by two AA batteries so a pair of rechargeable batteries will save you money if you listen to the radio regularly. Reception was excellent when we tested it in the Sydney CBD, with both digital and FM stations clear and audible.
The bundling of Jays' entry level a-Jays One earphones is a huge incentive for people to buy the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio. Although the earphones provided with the Bush Walker and Grundig Roam are adequate, the a-Jays One earphones blows them away. The bass is not too overpowering, with mid and treble tones crystal clear. The a-Jays One headphones also have a tangle-free cord and five pairs of silicone sleeves that do a great job of filtering out background noise.
We were very impressed with the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio — we think it is the best portable digital radio to have passed through our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Audible Now Available on Sonos
- Google announces new AFL and NRL integrations for Home and Assistant
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Samsung Announces New 2018 Television Lineup
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend Developer/Digital DesignerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | $971/dayQLD
- FTPeoplesoft HCM Application DeveloperACT
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTForeperson / Field Supervisor - ConstructionVIC
- CCPrincipal Project Manager - ieMR ImplementationVIC
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role)SA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCSenior Project ManagersACT
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther
- CCData Engineer (Java / Scala / Agile) - Government - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTFull stack .NET Developer (Angular.js, Durandal.js, Node.js)QLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW