OXX Digital Vantage digital radio
The Vantage is a portable digital radio with an appealing price tag
- Good reception, light, comes with a 12-month warranty (or 24 months if online registration is completed)
- Some sound distortion when volume is turned up high
We are very impressed with the Vantage: it has great features, it's aesthetically pleasing and, for a digital radio, it's cheap!
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
Finally! A digital radio that has a decent price tag yet doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality. OXX Digital's Vantage looks as good as it sounds, with a retro design that’s very easy on the eye.
OXX has really impressed us with this little radio. Reception was clear during our tests, even when the aerial was not extended. The sound quality is great for a small digital radio, despite only having a single speaker.
Navigating the radio's interface is simple with the scroll and select wheel. The LCD screen illuminates when you press a button or turn the wheel, and the text on the two-line display is easy to read. You can store up to 10 preset stations on the Vantage.
The Vantage won't take up too much space when it sits on your bedside table, desk or kitchen bench, and it’s light enough (1.3kg) to carry around.
An auxiliary input allows you to plug in your MP3 player and play your own music if the radio stations ain’t ticklin’ your fancy. The Vantage can also be connected to a hi-fi system, or you can plug in a pair of headphones. There is a DC power port, which means you can avoid running down the four C cell batteries that the radio uses.
For those who like listening to music as they doze off the Vantage has a programmable sleep timer. It also offers a dual alarm clock with a snooze function
Overall sound quality is great, although when the volume is at a high level you get a little bit of distortion coming through the single 2W, full-range speaker. The Vantage has decent mid-range and treble balance, but it’s somewhat bothersome that there are no controls for adjusting bass and treble.
The Vantage is quite aesthetically pleasing, though the font used to label buttons looks slightly odd and is a little hard to read.
OXX Digital's Vantage is a great product and another success for the company: it's an excellent little digital radio with an appealing price.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTGovernance Manager (Systems Assurance)Other
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCFinance AnalystVIC
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation Developer LeadOther