Pacstar AMD Gaming No. 1
- Value for money
- Nothing of note
This machine should handle all the latest games with ease and won't burn a hole in your wallet.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
At first the Pacstar AMD Gaming No.1 looks plain, but it has a lot of grunt and you don't have to pay through the nose for it.
This machine packs an AMD 4200+ dual core and also comes with a GeForce 7900GT for boosted performance. It includes 1GB of Corsair DDR400 RAM (2x 512MB dual channel), which is verging on the minimum requirements of the latest games. However, during our testing we didn't notice any loss in performance, but if it does become an issue it can be upgraded to 4GB.
It got an impressive score of 110 in our World Bench 5 tests and aced FEAR's in-game benchmark, averaging 60fps in 1280x960 at full detail, including 4x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filtering. Two 300GB hard drives are set-up in a RAID-0 array for speed and the machine copied a 4.12GB set of raw data at 25.6MB/s, which is a good result.
The case is sturdy, modest in size and isn't overly noisy. Cable management was neat but could have been better handled, although a dedicated shroud keeps the CPU away from any clutter and ensures it gets a constant supply of cool air. One large fan at the rear extracts air from the case. While the HDD's are situated near a grill at the front of the case, they are not in the path of any direct airflow. On the other hand, due to this location the bays are easily accessible for future upgrades.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Insurance ClaimsNSW
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTIT Security Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTUX Designer | 9mth ContractOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- TPProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease Manager (Salesforce)NSW
- FTTechnical Manager- Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering backgrndOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTNetwork & Security Gateway EngineerACT
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC