Palm Tungsten T5
- Large internal non-volatile memory
- No cradle
The Tungsten T5 will appeal to people who want a Palm-based business handheld that can double as a portable storage device.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The biggest selling point of the Tungsten T5 is its 256MB of memory--almost four times as much space as its predecessor (the Tungsten T3). Sure, you can always add storage using the T5's SD slot, but you might need that for something else, such as an optional SD Wi-Fi card.
Interestingly, a large part of the T5's memory is non-volatile: even if it loses its charge, you won't lose any of your data. And 160MB of it is held in an internal flash drive. Plug the handheld in to any computer with plug-and-play support for a USB thumb drive, and you can access your stored files.
The T5 forsakes the collapsible chassis that distinguished previous Tungstens, but it retains its predecessor's handsome 320 x 480 display. As a result, the T5 is a bit taller than the T3--though not dramatically so.
Powered by Intel's 416MHz Bulverde XScale CPU, the T5 is a snappy performer, but our pre-production unit's battery life was adequate for only a day or so of intensive use, even without going online (we wish that Palm would add a removable rechargeable battery).
This is the first Tungsten that doesn't ship with a cradle. Instead, you get a USB cable with a HotSync button. It also supports Bluetooth for file transfer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedQLD
- FTReceptionist/ Front Desk CoordinatorOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- FT.Net Developer (Full Stack)Other
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTMessaging Engineer - Office365 experienceOther
- FTTechnical Support - Level 3ACT
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical SupportACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service NowQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Regulatory ResponseNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedSA
- FTTechnical Infrastructure DesignerOther
- FTApplications Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther