Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8
- Small, stylish, very fast, great colour, nice features
- Still very minor lag in certain spots, missing a few features that experienced photographers may want
A wonderful camera that looks good, feels good and takes great shots. Highly recommended.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The handsome sibling of Panasonic's DMC-LZ2 model, the DMC-FX8 takes the good parts of that model and builds on them, creating a highly desirable and incredibly stylish camera. One of the smaller models we've reviewed in this category, it is built out of slick silver metal and is slightly smaller than a pack of cards. Despite its size, however, it manages to pack on a 2.5" LCD.
All the controls are well placed, giving the impression of space on a very small device. We particularly liked the thumbwheel.
The 5.0 megapixel sensor takes great pictures. The colour is perhaps not quite as good as that of the DMC-LZ2, but it's still damn fine. Panasonic has worked at eliminating the blurring that occurs at the edge of the pictures, and while it is still present, it's minimal. Image lag was not a problem with the DMC-FX8; it had very fast recovery times.
The DMC-FX8 has a lot of preset scene modes, including Baby, Soft Skin and Food. It only has a mediocre range of manual controls, but its unlimited continuous shot function is great. The camera does not slow down as you take more shots, which means you really can capture images until your memory is full. The camera also has an image stabiliser that works well.
The DMC-FX8 comes with a lithium ion battery, which lasts for more than 400 shots and is a much better alternative to basic AAs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTUX Designer | 9mth ContractOther
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- FTData ScientistOther
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- FTScheduling and Reporting Analyst | 3mth ContractOther
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCJunior and Senior SQL DeveloperACT
- FTAdministrator - Network InfrastructureOther