Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX8
- Small, stylish, very fast, great colour, nice features
- Still very minor lag in certain spots, missing a few features that experienced photographers may want
A wonderful camera that looks good, feels good and takes great shots. Highly recommended.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The handsome sibling of Panasonic's DMC-LZ2 model, the DMC-FX8 takes the good parts of that model and builds on them, creating a highly desirable and incredibly stylish camera. One of the smaller models we've reviewed in this category, it is built out of slick silver metal and is slightly smaller than a pack of cards. Despite its size, however, it manages to pack on a 2.5" LCD.
All the controls are well placed, giving the impression of space on a very small device. We particularly liked the thumbwheel.
The 5.0 megapixel sensor takes great pictures. The colour is perhaps not quite as good as that of the DMC-LZ2, but it's still damn fine. Panasonic has worked at eliminating the blurring that occurs at the edge of the pictures, and while it is still present, it's minimal. Image lag was not a problem with the DMC-FX8; it had very fast recovery times.
The DMC-FX8 has a lot of preset scene modes, including Baby, Soft Skin and Food. It only has a mediocre range of manual controls, but its unlimited continuous shot function is great. The camera does not slow down as you take more shots, which means you really can capture images until your memory is full. The camera also has an image stabiliser that works well.
The DMC-FX8 comes with a lithium ion battery, which lasts for more than 400 shots and is a much better alternative to basic AAs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
- Fujifilm announces the Elite X-H1
- Panasonic Releases Impressive LUMIX DC-GX9 Camera For The Enthusiast
- Panasonic try to set new standard for Travel Cams with Lumix DC-TZ220
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TP.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Desktop Technical EngineerOther
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCBRM DeveloperVIC
- FTFullstack .NET Developer - AngularOther
- FTSenior Data AnalystQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedVIC
- FTDevOps & PHP DeveloperOther
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CCData Migration LeadQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 -3 Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCJava Full Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Consultants- ServiceNowNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerOther
- FTData Analyst/Data EngineerSA
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC