Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2
- Great colour, unlimited continuous shot, 6X zoom
- Irritating load times, bad image writing lag outdoors, ordinary build
An average camera that produces some nice shots, but is marred by minor problems.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The DMC-LZ2 is a mixed bag. It has some wonderful features, which it cancels out with a few irritating problems that don't sound particularly important, but quickly make using it a pain.
During our testing, the DMC-LZ2 momentarily locked up at several key points during use. These included when the memory filled up, and when we activated certain menu functions. This lag lasted a good three or four seconds, and when it occurred a couple of times in a few minutes, it really detracted from the experience of using the camera.
There was also lag between taking photographs. Indoor shots seem to be OK, with a standard two to three second write time; however, with outdoor shots, the camera took as long as three or four seconds between shots.
That is not to say the DMC-LZ2 doesn't have some good features. The images it produced were rich and had some of the best colour we've seen in a 5 megapixel camera. They did tend to blur a little around the edges, but this did not detract too much from the result.
It also has a number of great functions, particularly the unlimited continuous shot mode, which goes until the memory is full (usually cameras have a limit, such as 10 or 30 shots). The downside to this is that there is noticeable slowdown in the shot rate if you take more than a few seconds worth of shots. It also has an image stabiliser that helps to remove blurring caused by the camera moving, but we didn't think it made too much of a difference.
The Panasonic offers a number of different shooting modes, and basic control over exposure, white balance and shutter speed, but it doesn't really distinguish itself by providing either complete manual controls or being incredibly newbie-friendly. The other feature worth mentioning is the 6X zoom.
The camera uses AA batteries. In our tests the battery lasted about 350 shots.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dyno Introduces Modular, Motorized Camera Slider System for GoPros, Small Cameras and Smartphones
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Google Certifies Insta360 Pro as First ‘Street View Auto Ready’ Camera
- Noir Matter Introduces waterproof stabiliser for GoPro & other action cameras
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTService desk supportACT
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC