- Price, easy to use menu controls, 30X optical zoom
- No 16:9 widescreen option, digital stills only VGA quality
The Panasonic NV-GS35 is a point-and-shoot video camera with enough creative control to satisfy the enthusiast.
Price$ 989.00 (AUD)
Priced, at the time of writing, at just over $1000, Panasonic's NV-GS35 is a solid consumer-quality camcorder with all the features that make taking video great fun. Of particular note is its 30X optical zoom--one of the largest on the market.
The diminutive NV-GS35 weighs only 410g, and with dimensions of 64 x 81 x 114mm, sits comfortably in the right hand--with most of the controls within reach of the thumb and pointer finger.
A dial/joystick menu control setup, which is becoming common across the Panasonic range, provides quick access to the various functions on the camera, including recording and playback of video as well as digital still images.
The 2.5" LCD screen was fast and clear, and allowing you to view your subject from various angles, even in direct sunlight. There's also an optical viewfinder for use when needed.
The NV-GS35 can capture 640 x 480 digital stills to a removable SD card, although it would be a much better idea to capture a frame of video. Printing straight to a printer that supports PictBridge is easy, and the LCD provides useful formatting and print preview information.
The NV-GS35 delivers accurate colour with strong saturation, but optical image stabilisation (OIS) would have been beneficial, considering many inexperienced videomakers will be taking a lot of shaky video when using the impressive 30X optical zoom.
Although it can't match the digital still quality of its competitors, the NV-GS35 is a strong offering from Panasonic and it compares very well with its competitors in regards to video quality, ease of use and price.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCAssociate Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTUser Experience PractitionerACT
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- TPTechnical Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- CCAS400 Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther