Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security Suite
- Built-in firewall, Blocks both spyware and phishing endevours
- Not compatible with some other programs, Doesn't show specific file information
Panda works well enough, identifying and quarantining suspicious items and providing control over what hits your PC. As with all such products, it's not the product you choose so much as regular virus definition updates that are vital to keep your PC secure.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Panda's Internet Security suite's first action is to check for existing antivirus or other security programs on your PC. Needless to say, it insisted that it was incompatible with our Trend Micro security suite and that to install successfully, we'd first need to get rid of the competition.
This is par for the course for such applications - unlike, say, a virus scanner that protects your PC while another one handles incoming webmail, security suites see all other programs as rivals. Curiously, though, it didn't object to Microsoft AntiSpyware, which assiduously notified us at every turn of events and change that Panda requested.
Having confirmed that we were happy for Panda to supersede Trend Micro, we were prompted to restart and Panda got to work scanning our system for existing problems and reporting on their status. It told us we had 217 instances of spyware but that all had been disinfected. What it didn't tell us at this stage was which files it was referring to. This done, the installation continues and, after another restart, we were informed the firewall would begin to take effect.
Almost immediately, Panda found a rogue dialler on the main drive of our PC and recommended a full system scan of all drives. This was pre-registration so we ran the scan to see what came up prior to grabbing and configuring the latest updates. The next most obvious threat was a tracking program called FunWeb, which Panda said we should delete. It then gave us the option of performing the same action for any subsequent trackers. What's nominally new in the 2006 version is Panda's ability to block both spyware and phishing endeavours - something that its own website claims was also offered in the 2005 iteration but is lacking in the Titanium version of Panda. It also protects against spam, viruses and assaults from hacking tools and has a built-in firewall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Organisational Change ManagerOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst with Student Management SystemOther
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- CCSenior Oracle ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- FTSenior Agile Digital Business Analyst - Immediate StartOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTProject Manager | High Profile 4 year Transformation ProjectQLD
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC