Pantone Huey Monitor Calibration Tool
- Easy to use, Works a charm
- Hard to set up, need to upgrade drivers to use
The Huey monitor calibration tool is easy to use, though its controls are basic
Price$ 200.00 (AUD)
If you've ever fought to get the photos you print at home to look like the images you've been adjusting on screen, an incorrectly calibrated monitor was likely at the heart of your problem. Enter the Pantone Huey, an inexpensive monitor calibration tool that works well so long as it plays nicely with your graphics board.
Setup is simple through the basic software, which offers few adjustable settings. You change color temperature and contrast by selecting one of nine presets, several of which are optimised for specific situations such as photo viewing and gaming. Just stick the Huey sensor on your screen, and help the software along with an occasional mouse click as it flashes a series of color and gray patches on screen for the sensor to read.
The Huey conveniently provides periodic recalibration -- from every 10 seconds to every 4 hours -- based on the room's changing lighting conditions. You place the sensor in its stand, facing you. As nighttime falls or as your overhead lights turn on, the software adjusts the monitor's color temperature and luminosity. When we covered up the sensor, the software dimmed our monitor; when we shone a light directly at it, the screen brightened.
Getting the Huey to function may require that you update your graphics board's drivers. We tried the shipping product on three PCs running Windows XP. The software worked as expected on the desktops with ATI Radeon X600 and nVidia GeForce2 MX boards installed, but the product was unable to calibrate an LCD hooked up to an ATI Radeon X300 card until I updated the X300's drivers from ATI's tech support site.
If basic monitor calibration is all you need, you'll likely find the Huey's color presets and minimal features adequate and easy to use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCProject MangerNSW
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersQLD
- CCService Delivery AnalystVIC
- FTIBC Technical Specialist/ Project CoordinatorOther
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersACT
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Business AnalystOther
- CCEvent ManagementNSW
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- FTIT Systems Administrator - Multiple Positions!Other
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness QA Manager - TelecommunicationsOther