35 per cent of professionals feel frustration due to bad audio. And yet, while organisations have rushed to enable remote work policies over half (51 per cent) of organisations still only allow certain teams to order headsets or headphones.
Paragon Software Drive Backup 8.5
- It's Vista-compatible, simple to use and well designed, it can create full and incremental backup images as well as back up from within Windows
- Can't back up individual files and folders
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 enjoys distinct advantages, and experienced users will find that Drive Backup offers the best overall experience and level of control.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 is the best inexpensive drive-imaging and backup program we've seen.
While the thought of a session with a drive imaging program may not be the dreamiest of propositions, the potential alternative is positively nightmarish. So you'd be well advised to snap up a good imaging program and spend an afternoon ensuring that, regardless of what befalls your PC, at least you've got a reliable copy of your hard drive and can have your old system files up and running within minutes.
Backup isn't so bad
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 is the best inexpensive drive-imaging and backup program we've seen, and Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 has just had a Vista-compatible version released.
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 is simple to use, and we preferred it to Norton Save & Restore. It's so well designed that it poses serious competition to higher-end imaging apps such as Norton Ghost and Acronis True Image.
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 can create full and incremental backup images, and back up from within Windows. Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 gives you the option of creating a small hidden partition (a 'backup capsule') that you can back up to and restore from; all the application is missing is the ability to back up individual files and folders, a feature that Save & Restore and other top programs possess.
We especially liked Paragon Drive Backup 8.5's tabbed main interface, which provides same-window access to tasks, volumes, created images and help. And while Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 doesn't offer the same walk-throughs as Save & Restore, it provides a way to schedule backups with the Windows Scheduler. Paragon Drive Backup 8.5's interface is more suited for intermediate to advanced users who like to see their options.
Paragon Drive Backup 8.5 creates a CD that you can boot from to create and restore images outside the Windows environment (Save & Restore's boot CD is restore only). The Professional Edition adds support for Windows dynamic disks (hard-to-back-up partitions that span multiple disks) and advanced network features.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 2 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: Wrong Number
- 4 LG NANO99 NanoCell 8K TV review: Prestige at a price
- 5 LG Velvet review: Fake it till you make it
Latest News Articles
- New software program runs Windows directly on Chromebooks
- Optus to take the lag out of gaming
- Echo family reimagined, inside and out
- Apple upgrades Safari on Catalina and Mojave in annual exercise
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X with workflow improvements to speed up your edits
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Australian Amazon Prime Day deals
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?