Paragon Software Partition Manager 9.0 Professional
Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 is a powerful tool to allow the creation and management of separate partitions on a single volume such as a hard disk drive.
- Extra features
- Cost of Professional version is hard to justify
Of the two partition managers we've reviewed recently, Paragon's is by far the easiest to use and most feature rich, and is also preferred over Easus Partition Manager Professional, at a similar price. However, it is hard to justify the extra expense for Paragon’s Professional instead of Personal versions and, as such, for the majority of users Paragon’s Personal edition of Partition Manager 9.0 may be the better option.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 is a powerful tool to allow the creation and management of separate partitions on a single volume such as a hard disk drive. It's available in three flavours, a Personal edition at US$39.95 which provides the majority of features included in the $79.95 Professional release, and a Server version ($799) that can work with Windows 2003 Server and (for an extra fee) additional desktop PCs.
As its name suggests, creating, resizing and moving partitions on hard drives is core to Paragon Partition Manager Professional 9.0. It works with hard drives up to 1TB (terabyte) capacity, and is extremely easy to use. Upon launching the program, a simple interface is presented for the most commonly used applications, such as backing up, copying or partitioning a drive, with the option to go for the advanced interface if you want more control over such things as labelling and specifying file formats.
It is the extra features that make Paragon shine over a competing partition manager package from Easus. A built-in backup utility (new with release 9.0) allows you to make a snapshot of your system before you create or work with partitions, while the Copy Hard Disk wizard is effectively a clone tool that also allows you to resize a partition during the process.
There is also a Boot Manager that can be used to install and load multiple operating systems on your PC. The majority of these features are available in the Personal edition as well, with a few extras in the Professional release, such as incremental copying.
This does raise one question about the Professional version, however. Because the core features are included in the Personal release which costs around half the price, the extras such as a file transfer wizard and the ability to change boot partition sizes are rather esoteric for the majority of users.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- FTCloud Engineer | AzureOther
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- FTLean Six Sigma Process AnalystOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTERP Consultant - Project SystemsQLD
- CCMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTConsultant - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC