Paragon Software Partition Manager 9.0 Professional
Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 is a powerful tool to allow the creation and management of separate partitions on a single volume such as a hard disk drive.
- Extra features
- Cost of Professional version is hard to justify
Of the two partition managers we've reviewed recently, Paragon's is by far the easiest to use and most feature rich, and is also preferred over Easus Partition Manager Professional, at a similar price. However, it is hard to justify the extra expense for Paragon’s Professional instead of Personal versions and, as such, for the majority of users Paragon’s Personal edition of Partition Manager 9.0 may be the better option.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 is a powerful tool to allow the creation and management of separate partitions on a single volume such as a hard disk drive. It's available in three flavours, a Personal edition at US$39.95 which provides the majority of features included in the $79.95 Professional release, and a Server version ($799) that can work with Windows 2003 Server and (for an extra fee) additional desktop PCs.
As its name suggests, creating, resizing and moving partitions on hard drives is core to Paragon Partition Manager Professional 9.0. It works with hard drives up to 1TB (terabyte) capacity, and is extremely easy to use. Upon launching the program, a simple interface is presented for the most commonly used applications, such as backing up, copying or partitioning a drive, with the option to go for the advanced interface if you want more control over such things as labelling and specifying file formats.
It is the extra features that make Paragon shine over a competing partition manager package from Easus. A built-in backup utility (new with release 9.0) allows you to make a snapshot of your system before you create or work with partitions, while the Copy Hard Disk wizard is effectively a clone tool that also allows you to resize a partition during the process.
There is also a Boot Manager that can be used to install and load multiple operating systems on your PC. The majority of these features are available in the Personal edition as well, with a few extras in the Professional release, such as incremental copying.
This does raise one question about the Professional version, however. Because the core features are included in the Personal release which costs around half the price, the extras such as a file transfer wizard and the ability to change boot partition sizes are rather esoteric for the majority of users.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- FTPrincipal ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTAdvice Support Trainer / Project AdministratorOther
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTICT Procurement ManagerOther
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - (Urgent)Other
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- FTInfra Deployment Lead/- Windows 10 SOE rollout projectOther
- FTDigital Marketing Business AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneSA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT