"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
- fast response time
- Had to increase the refresh rate of our graphics card, slight blur with motion blur tests
This monitor produced the clearest picture in our motion blur tests and should definitely be considered if you want a large screen for games. Its colour capabilities, despite being a 6-bit panel, were also comparatively good, as was its brightness level, despite the 250cd/m² rating. We didn't like this monitor's base, but we feel it's a great unit for everyday use and for games.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
Unlike most of the other monitors in this round-up, we had to increase the refresh rate of our graphics card in order to eliminate some slight ghosting and blurry text that was evident during our tests. We ran the screen at 75Hz rather than 60Hz, which produced a perfectly clear picture.
The 190S6FS/75 is another one of the panels in this round-up that can only display 16.2 million colours (dithered), not 16.7 million colours. The sacrifice in colour comes with the increase in response time, and this panel has the fastest pixel response time of all the monitors that we looked at (8ms).
In our motion blur tests we did pick up slight trailing as the text moved from right to left, but text colouring did remain solid and it did not induce dizziness as it scrolled past. As such, this monitor is well recommended for games. It does have a low brightness rating of 250cd/m², but was still capable of producing a vibrant and uniform display and its viewing angles were very good from all sides.
In DisplayMate, the 256-colour intensity ramp revealed slight banding, but this monitor was smoother than some other models. Its colour blending was good too, with no noticeable banding. Its contrast ratio of 500:1 produced good results in the extreme greyscale tests, but the darker grey colours were washed out by the black and the lighter grey colours were washed out by the white.
Physically, the 190S6 has a stiff stand that only tilts backwards and which feels awkward while being tilted. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides.
This model carries a relatively high retail price but at the time of writing, we could buy it online for significantly less.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 7 Plus review: Predictable and plus-sized
- 5 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
Latest News Articles
- MSI and SteelSeries team up on curved gaming monitors
- Acer unveils new range of desktop PCs, notebooks and gaming machines
- Asus Announces The Latest Designo Curve MX32VQ Monitor
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime Day 2018
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?