MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
Philips Acoustic Fusion 3310
- Great sound reproduction, excellent bass
- Not as visually attractive as other similar systems
A sublime speaker system well worth considering if budget permits.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 produce impressive sound from a fairly small package and in doing so display how good PC speakers can really be. Using the latest in flat panel speaker technology, the Acoustic Fusion reproduces sound accurately without falling victim to the usual speaker pitfalls.
The first thing we noticed when we unpacked the speaker system was the petite nature of the product. The 6w speakers are small and the 20w subwoofer doesn't look anywhere near as powerful as it turned out to be. However once we actually set the system up we were pleasantly surprised by the test results. Setup itself was a breeze, with clearly labeled inputs for all the wiring and the usual colour coded 3.5mm jack to connect to the source device.
We tested the bass using a selection of R&B tracks as well as Nick Caves "Song of Joy" with favourable results. In the lower bass registers, the subwoofer belts out accurate thumping bass without losing detail or becoming muddy or muted.
We also tested the treble using a selection of string-heavy film scores and Howard Shores Main title theme from "Ed Wood" which boasts extensive use of the Theremin. This intense treble workout was handled with ease by the Acoustic Fusion, with clear notes in the higher treble registers without any loss of information or truncation.
Violent pitch changes were tested with the Radiohead track "Idioteque" without any problems and the mid-tones were consistent with every test we performed. In fact, throughout all the tests, the Acoustic Fusion maintained a high volume level without distortion while also handling quieter moments with precision.
The only flaw that we could find is really more of a subjective design observation. We found the speaker design to be rather utilitarian when compared with the sexy Philips MMS430. With the Acoustic Fusion, function definitely outweighs form.
While those looking for a great set of speakers would be wise to consider what the Acoustic Fusion 310 have to offer, prospective buyers should keep in mind that these are little more expensive than the MMS430 and deliver only marginally better sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 2 Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- 3 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 4 Moto G8 (2020) review: Win some, lose some
- 5 iPhone SE (2020) review: What's old is new again
Latest News Articles
- Razer refresh mecha-membrane option with new Ornata 2 keyboard
- One of HP’s best gaming monitors is dumb cheap for Click Frenzy
- You can now control your Razer-powered RGB lighting setup with Alexa
- Intel's 'Comet Lake' H-Series chips promise to power the next generation of mobile content creation hardware
- Nvidia enhance Max Q mobile graphics specifications
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?