Philips Acoustic Fusion 3310
- Great sound reproduction, excellent bass
- Not as visually attractive as other similar systems
A sublime speaker system well worth considering if budget permits.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 produce impressive sound from a fairly small package and in doing so display how good PC speakers can really be. Using the latest in flat panel speaker technology, the Acoustic Fusion reproduces sound accurately without falling victim to the usual speaker pitfalls.
The first thing we noticed when we unpacked the speaker system was the petite nature of the product. The 6w speakers are small and the 20w subwoofer doesn't look anywhere near as powerful as it turned out to be. However once we actually set the system up we were pleasantly surprised by the test results. Setup itself was a breeze, with clearly labeled inputs for all the wiring and the usual colour coded 3.5mm jack to connect to the source device.
We tested the bass using a selection of R&B tracks as well as Nick Caves "Song of Joy" with favourable results. In the lower bass registers, the subwoofer belts out accurate thumping bass without losing detail or becoming muddy or muted.
We also tested the treble using a selection of string-heavy film scores and Howard Shores Main title theme from "Ed Wood" which boasts extensive use of the Theremin. This intense treble workout was handled with ease by the Acoustic Fusion, with clear notes in the higher treble registers without any loss of information or truncation.
Violent pitch changes were tested with the Radiohead track "Idioteque" without any problems and the mid-tones were consistent with every test we performed. In fact, throughout all the tests, the Acoustic Fusion maintained a high volume level without distortion while also handling quieter moments with precision.
The only flaw that we could find is really more of a subjective design observation. We found the speaker design to be rather utilitarian when compared with the sexy Philips MMS430. With the Acoustic Fusion, function definitely outweighs form.
While those looking for a great set of speakers would be wise to consider what the Acoustic Fusion 310 have to offer, prospective buyers should keep in mind that these are little more expensive than the MMS430 and deliver only marginally better sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSCCM SpecialistOther
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP BI / BW ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- TPAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior PMO AnalystOther