Philips Active Crystals SWS2000
Sparkling ear buds
- Design, decent sound quality, comfortable fit
- Expensive, bass response could be improved
A decent pair of earphones, but they are a tad expensive.
Price$ 145.00 (AUD)
The result of a partnership between Philips and Swarovski, the Active Crystals SWS2000 earphones feature cut silver-shade crystals embedded into the design. Although they are targeted at fashionistas, they perform well in terms of sound quality.
Like most fashion-orientated products, the earphones look excellent. They feature silver cabling, chrome highlights and, of course, crystal ear buds. The ear buds' design makes them heavier than a regular pair, but they are comfortable regardless. Most would consider the crystals little more than a gimmick, but if you want to look good while listening to your tunes, there aren't too many better options on the market. Apart from the crystals, the rest of the body is made of chrome-plated stainless steel; a gold-plated plug completes the design.
Perhaps the most surprising feature is the fact that the marketing towards fashion buyers hasn't impacted on the quality. For starters, the ear buds are very comfortable, especially for long periods of use. Philips includes three different sized rubber ear buds for optimal fit and comfort, so you shouldn't have an issue comfort-wise.
Sound quality isn't going to appeal to audiophiles, but for those looking to upgrade their standard headphones the SWS2000 will do a relatively decent job. We were impressed by the clarity and crispness of sound at low to medium volume levels, though we were disappointed that distortion is evident at higher volume levels. Bass response is also lacking; it fails to provide the punch we were expecting. Instrumental separation is surprisingly solid, with complex riffs distinctly audible.
The downside is price, although this is to be expected considering the crystal design. These earphones aren't cheap, and keep in mind that you can purchase cheaper alternatives with sound quality on par or better.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTData Analyst/Business Analyst/Project ManagerACT
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- FTConfiguration AnalystOther
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- TPCRM Project ManagerQLD
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- CCiMIS AdministratorNSW
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- TPProject Manager - Enterpries NetworksVIC
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA